PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 08:37 PM
Right ive got a 97 tigra which ive just put some new rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes on..i didnt change the drums and only bled the rear not the front. The problem ive got is now for some reason the brake pedal judders really badly when stamping on the brakes from about 40 but not say if im doing 20 to a stand still. Could this just be because they have'nt had a chance to bed in properly? Any help is much appreciated! Cheers

Also the pedal never used to judder before i changed these parts.

Wazza024
14-06-07, 08:54 PM
Brake judder normally mean the front discs and pads are gone.

But u should allow shoes to bed in 1st.

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 08:58 PM
I replaced the pads and discs about 4 months ago so they should be ok...it never juddered before i replaced these parts.. I also forgot to say the reason i replaced these was because i came out to my car on monday lunch and 1 of the cylinders had gone, i clamped it off and drove the car for 2 days with it like this.

Would this of done any damage to anything else?

Wazza024
14-06-07, 09:03 PM
I shouldnt have because its only stoping fluid getting to that cylinder. Have u cleaned everything up?

I work in a garage and most of the time if we have a problem like this its front brakes!! Dont 4get when u slam the brake on at 40 its the front in most use not rears.

Have u checked the fronts to make sure they are not uneven etc?

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 09:06 PM
Yep cleaned everything and fully adjusted it obviously..It just seems abit odd that i replace the parts and then it starts to do it. I would of noticed this before though because im quite harsh on the brakes lol

Wazza024
14-06-07, 09:08 PM
Well that could explain it!!! If u didnt bed the discs and pads in properly when u put them on then they will **** up!!! :)

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 09:09 PM
Nooooooo i bedded them in before i abused them lol im not that stupid!

coombsey
14-06-07, 10:38 PM
mine nova does this too i was told if its the disk/pads you would feel it through the pedal too

Matt2107
15-06-07, 01:10 PM
How long did you bed them in for?

Mikey_J
15-06-07, 06:31 PM
The new parts or the pads and discs? The discs about 3/400 miles and i only changed the shoes yesterday and done about 15/20 miles on them tops...It does'nt seem to be as bad today