PDA

View Full Version : Washer Jet for gte tailgate Spoiler

Tim
14-06-07, 08:23 PM
I stripped the tailgate for spraying and when i have come to reassemble it i cant find the washer jet, i refitted a jet from a non spoler model and its to big:confused: , which means i cant refit my spoiler, grrrrrr.

does anybody have a jet which is smaller?

i cant find 1 in a scrappy.

cheers :thumb:

tim

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 08:41 PM
Try a dealer...its not like it will cost alot lol

Tim
14-06-07, 09:34 PM
surely not still a stocked part??

pul16v
14-06-07, 09:36 PM
ive got 1 in a gsi tailgate ya can have for postage if i cant get it out autovaux got me 1 for a gte gate awile bk so i know there still find able

phil

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 09:39 PM
Im not sure but surely if they can get side skirt clips they can get a washer jet?

Tim
14-06-07, 09:45 PM
ive got 1 in a gsi tailgate ya can have for postage if i cant get it out autovaux got me 1 for a gte gate awile bk so i know there still find able

phil

that would be wicked if you could sort that. let me know.

tim

Matt2107
15-06-07, 12:59 PM
I wouldnt bother fitting it mate.

My experience is the hose will always perish after time thus disconnecting from the jet. Therefore pumping water into your tailgate.

Jack
15-06-07, 01:38 PM
lmfao, mine did that. I opened my tailgate one day and all the water came gushing back out. Over me lol

If you do remove it, make sure to seal the tube properly, or even better remove the complete tube all the way back up to the washer bottle and block it off there.

Orrr.... fit a wiper arm that has the washer built into it :D

Matt2107
15-06-07, 02:26 PM
A few more options.

1. Fit a saloon washer bottle which is smaller (saves weight as well)
2. Remove the wires from the pump if you have a double pump washer bottle. (Think mine has a single with a t junction on Project Aspirin)