PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows don't work!

Anonymous
04-03-02, 10:12 PM
checked all the fuses and connection for the switches, what else could be wrong?

Anonymous
04-03-02, 10:27 PM
burned out motors?

Anonymous
05-03-02, 04:09 AM
are they factory or did you fit them?

True, True...

Anonymous
05-03-02, 09:00 AM
red connector out in fuse box
earth out by gearstick..... do the switches light up?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
05-03-02, 01:00 PM
Factory fitted. The switches do light up. i'll have a look at the red connector and earth by the gearstick..

Anonymous
05-03-02, 06:54 PM
humm if switches light then there is power

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
05-03-02, 10:29 PM
Tsk-you just can't get the staff can you Breeny lol!
I must confess that I was responsible for stopping them from working using my special mechanical fuck up midas touch! All I did was take the switch consul bit out & disconnect the switches. I had to remove the whole centre consul & all the carpetting so I could weld. I thought they hadn't ever been working as someone appears to have bypassed the 2 snap multi-connectors for each switch there, cos the wires have been cut & are now connected by a load of bullet connectors which is def. not factory fit. At a guess I should think that its worth checking for a faulty connection there. The only other thing I noticed is that there is some wiring near the fuse box which had got hot enuff in the past to melt stuff near where the wiring for the doors goes. Seems to be to do with an alarm?? You need to get a multi meter and start checking for continuity which is really just a procees of elimination. Check Haynes for the wiring details to show which wires are for what. Sorry m8 - I don't think its me. I think the previous owner was a bit of a bodger when it came to the electrics - there's bodged/ disconnected wires all over.

Anonymous
05-03-02, 11:18 PM
lol!!! anyone wanna rewire my car for me??

Anonymous
07-03-02, 10:06 PM
My passenger one stopped working but still lit up. It was the switch itself that was knackered as when i swaped the switches over it worked so try this.