PDA

View Full Version : fitting twin 40's to a gte/gsi

greg1.4
14-06-07, 12:37 PM
i am converting my 1400 nova spi to a 1600 gsi/gte and i want to do away with the injection system and run twin 40 carbs.

to this what do i need to do? i know about the manifold etc.

how do i get fuel to them? do i keep the standard spi tank and lines? do i put them straight onto the carbs?

will i need any wires apart from starter, alternator etc??

cheers, Greg

Adam
14-06-07, 12:38 PM
Need a 1.4sr ignition setup, which has 3wires that need wiring, thats all for wiring,Lol.

You can use the spi pump, but it will need manually switching, and a pressure regulator fitting, and the return T-ing in.
Thats how i ran mine.

greg1.4
14-06-07, 01:01 PM
right, what do you mean by sr ingnition setup?what are the wires?

do i need a dizzy and coil? gsi?

how do i wire my pump to a switch on the dash?

Adam
14-06-07, 01:05 PM
1.4SR distributor, ignition coil and module, and the mini loom.
The wires are Ign live, Earth, and Rev counter.

For the pump i fitted a flick switch that switched power to the fuel pump relay(which then switches the relay) to supply power to the pump.
Its a bit dangerous tho, as should you crash etc the pump will still stay running even if the engine cuts out.
Ideally it needs an intertia switch, or a oil pressure switch to cut it off.

greg1.4
14-06-07, 06:23 PM
thanks alot mate! much appreciated.:thumb:

Dan
14-06-07, 06:57 PM
greg your best bet is to use the search function, you will find all the info you need and more :thumb:

Wazza024
14-06-07, 08:56 PM
U might get away with an uprated fuel pump. Like a facet one.

greg1.4
14-06-07, 09:35 PM
i have tried the search here but cand find anything, why do i need to use the sr ignition system?

is this to convert to the gsi engine? what dizzy and coil will i need then? and what do you mean by module? thanks

Greg

Mikey_J
14-06-07, 09:58 PM
Module=coil

Adam
15-06-07, 12:25 AM
The module sits under the coil and actually controls it.
You need the sr ignition system because an injection dizzy doesn't control the ignition system, it just tells the ecu the engine speed/location.