PDA

View Full Version : How to change it back to .exe

NovaLad
13-06-07, 10:24 PM
Ok i got a file sent to me through msn as .exe and it wouldn't open.

I know what's in the file and i know it isn't harmfull but msn says different.

So my mate changed the format to .(something else).

So how can i change it back to a .exe file ?

I would just ask him for the original over a diff email but he aint been online in days and i need the file.

Jack
13-06-07, 10:39 PM
Errrr just rename it as .exe? lmfao... thats assuming you're using windoze and have show file extensions turned on? lol

[edit] ..thats also assuming all he's done is rename it, doesn't take much to confuse M$ systems lol Unless he's used a program to convert it to a different format, would need more info really in that case

NovaLad
13-06-07, 10:40 PM
I have windows yes.

What i need to do i think is after changing it to .exe to make it work i need to get something called akuma. Have you heard of it?

NovaLad
13-06-07, 10:41 PM
I don't need any microsoft office do i. Notepad should be ok if needed?

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 10:51 PM
E-Mail file to me n i'll send it back re-named chief,,
steve.hicks@yahoo.co.uk

Jack
13-06-07, 10:52 PM
I don't need any microsoft office do i. Notepad should be ok if needed?
Eh? Ask him how he renamed the file. Surely that'd be better than asking on here?

NovaLad
13-06-07, 10:57 PM
E-Mail file to me n i'll send it back re-named chief,,
steve.hicks@yahoo.co.uk

Sorry mate i can't it's a script for me to access something otherwise i would lol

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 10:59 PM
LOL, try right clicking on the file, and re-name, then change the extension. If this don't work, well, you may need to contact him...

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:01 PM
I think i've done it but need to get a program called akuma or something so i can run it.

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 11:07 PM
I think i've done it but need to get a program called akuma or something so i can run it.
Sorry chap, never heard of that one! If it's .EXE you shouldn't need 'Akuma', or I wouldn't have said so...:confused:

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 11:09 PM
Under 'Akuma' all I can find is Street Fighter II, and Motorcycle helmets???????? VERY :confused: :confused:

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:10 PM
Well i got told something to do with the coding in the file is why i need it.

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:12 PM
Under 'Akuma' all I can find is Street Fighter II, and Motorcycle helmets???????? VERY :confused: :confused:

Hmm well when i looked it up it had stuff to do with cheats on it and hex etc...

Didn't really look long enough to notice how it works.

Jack
13-06-07, 11:19 PM
Cheats and hex editors shouldn't need specific .exe's to run except for the appropriate program files, and the editor itself. Define what exactly it is you're trying to do instead of being vague and people might be able to offer better advice...!

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:20 PM
I'm trying to run a script basicly - It's not legal obviously lol

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 11:21 PM
Only other thing I could sugest without having the file, is to right click, RUN, and search internet for appropriate program to run the file... Good Luck chief

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:22 PM
Thankyou.

I'll try that and if it doesn't work i shall have to wait till he gets online in the next year at this rate lol

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 11:23 PM
LMFAO lol

NovaLad
13-06-07, 11:26 PM
Didn't work ahh well..

When he gets online i'll have words.

steve.hicks
13-06-07, 11:29 PM
Too right! :-) Give him the what for!!