PDA

View Full Version : informing dvla of scrapped car?

greg1.4
13-06-07, 09:13 PM
hi,

does anyone know to tell the dvla that i have scrapped one of my novas?

can i do it online? if so link please?

cheers, Greg

General Baxter
13-06-07, 09:27 PM
need to fill in the log book as scrapped

greg1.4
13-06-07, 09:42 PM
i have the v5, is there a bit on that to fill in and send away?

NovaLad
13-06-07, 09:43 PM
I filled in my log thing / V5 to tell them my car was off road about 3 week ago then last week got a letter saying i'm getting a fine for not claiming it as off road ..WTF.

General Baxter
13-06-07, 09:54 PM
I filled in my log thing / V5 to tell them my car was off road about 3 week ago then last week got a letter saying i'm getting a fine for not claiming it as off road ..WTF.

erm lol i think you just scrapped your car,
all you can do on the log book is

1) scrap it
2) new owners
3) info change

nothing to do with taking it off the road or taxing it ;)

NovaLad
13-06-07, 09:59 PM
Well all i know is i sent off my tax disc and some other thing to do with claiming it off road lol

Mike.
13-06-07, 10:02 PM
erm lol i think you just scrapped your car,
all you can do on the log book is

1) scrap it
2) new owners
3) info change

nothing to do with taking it off the road or taxing it ;)

woops lol

every time i've scrapped a car i've just given the bloke the v5, then he sends it off, but thats only iff they pic the car up, every time he's asked for the v5

Dave.
13-06-07, 10:05 PM
stick a destruction certificate on it.. or just send the logbook off as scrapped to the local scrappers

philly
13-06-07, 10:05 PM
you can phone them up and do it or a letter as below vvvvvvv

you have to SORN your car either online or with a form from post office only regarding the tax fine...

you can write to the dvla telling them you have scrapped your car. if it went to a scrap yard tell them the address of it too..
the scrap bit on your log book is only if you break the car yourself and yourself gets rid of the shell.... i.e you melt it, re use parts, weigh it in as scrap.