PDA

View Full Version : Interior differences/ Specs of Sx and Flair

Anonymous
03-03-02, 04:58 PM
Im thinking about getting A nova for my first car, and just wondered what the differences where between the sx, and the Flair. Also what are the specs of the two cars? do either have PAS, C/L, or E/W's?

Cheers in advance
Rob, the newbie :D

Anonymous
03-03-02, 05:28 PM
i dont think any novas have pas!, but as 4 electrics etc.
never heard of a sx, but the sxi is a nice first car. i think that has elctrics etc.., its a 1.2 i think. ive got a modded SRI for my fist car, insurance inst toooo bad, bout 1200 a year, so if ya hav the cash to splsh then go for a 1.4sr or sri, or a mint 1.3 sr. oh and im not sure bout the nova fliar, other than that its a mrk to body and interior, and it might have sum graphics on the side..

Anonymous
03-03-02, 05:28 PM
pas?
lmao

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
03-03-02, 05:32 PM
Is there such a thing as a Nova City?

Anonymous
03-03-02, 05:55 PM
I have a Flair. its a kinda basic SR interior (ie no E/W no 6 pack dash) and if its a 3dr 1.2 carbed, most insurance companies wotn have heard of it for some crap reason lol.

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
03-03-02, 06:36 PM
td sx :)

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
03-03-02, 08:32 PM
Erm...whats a six pack dash? :-/ If the Sxi's have leccy windows and cl then it looks like its one of them, shame though becaus the Flairs can have a 1.4 engine. Cheers for all the help so far.

Rob

Anonymous
03-03-02, 10:14 PM
get yourself a parkers book or visit their web site. I think it is www.parkers.co.uk but am not sure, is something like that. Also look on the autotrader site as I'm sure they give buying info on all the different models.
I would strongly recommend that you get a MK2. I think they looks so much better. no offence meant to mk1 owners!!!!

Anonymous
03-03-02, 11:58 PM
I can give you the specs for the different MK2's, if i can be bothered. I have the original Vauxhall brochures for the 92 and 93. (some right chessy photos in there as well!!). Any nutters out there willing to pay money for them give us a shout.

Anonymous
04-03-02, 09:48 AM
go to www.novabug.co.uk
rich dale made the site and he has scans of brochures and details on the different models of nova that were available.
Should be able to tell you all you want to know.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
04-03-02, 09:50 AM
we all dream of a nova city cornish. A place where we wont be ridiculed and shunned from society.:p

Anonymous
04-03-02, 01:18 PM
lmao@blondie

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
04-03-02, 08:26 PM
Neither the Flair or SX have elecy windows or central locking as standard.

On one of the Nova sites (can't think off hand which one), there's a guide for fitting elecy windows and the car in the guide is an SX.

Personally, I'd go for the Flair as the interior is the same as the MKII SR/i except for the lack of sports seats and the dash (no rev-counter in the petrol model...there is one in the diesel though) which is nicer.
I'm not keen on the Black/Red/Grey interior in the SX.

Anonymous
05-03-02, 11:48 AM
also in mk 2 there is the luxe which has lecy windows but no boot spoiler and is also carpeted in the boot and the bits covering the metal inside the doors
and the luxe+ which is the same as abouve but injection
the spin is a 1 litre but has no rear wiper or washer jet so easyer when you come to flush your boot lid

the flair is 1.2 with a spoiler

i am on the save for loads of mods

Anonymous
05-03-02, 12:03 PM
the spin is the std poverty spec like my trip and expression

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
06-03-02, 05:29 PM
Cheers guys. May have to look into a Flair, or a luxe/+. The added bonus with a luxe is that ive seen a few in metalic silver...which looked nice.... Now any chance of fitting corsasport front and rear bench seats in a nova? :D

Anonymous
07-03-02, 12:04 AM
The Luxe doesn't have elecy windows or c/l as standard...only the Luxe Plus did, but they were an option on the Luxe as part of the "Comfort Pack".