PDA

View Full Version : mK1 Astra Engine help???

Anonymous
03-03-02, 09:31 PM
We have put a 1.8i mk 2 cav (Jetronic) Engine into a mK1 Astra 1.3s we,ve put the fuel pump out ov a 1.8 AstraGte on it but we cant get it to prime off the ignition, We,ve got the Engine turning over and we are gettin a spark off the plugs but it wont fire up? We bypassed the fuel pump relay to get it working and the pump works fine, We can see and smell the petrol in the tubes but it just wont fire up, Any Help at all would be appreciated as we have hit a brick wall, Maybe we havnt wired it up properly?? We really are stuck??

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
03-03-02, 10:08 PM
ive just had this prob with mine. i bypassed the relay and it fired up, so i changed the relay and it worked fine that day. next day was back to not firing, like you i had a spark, pump worked fine and could smell petrol. problem was that there wasnt enough petrol in the car for the pump to pick up and pressurize the system with. so i put a fivers worth in and has started ever since.

Anonymous
04-03-02, 02:25 AM
Don't you need an injection fuel tank -- say out of the m1 astra Gte? Coz this has a swirl pot in it!?

Anonymous
04-03-02, 08:52 AM
Yeah thats the one we,ve got out ov a Mk1, it has a swirl pot, We,ve only got about ?3 quids worth in at the mo because we are going to have to replace a fuel pump, maybe thats it, did you manage to get the pump to work off the ignition?

Anonymous
04-03-02, 11:33 AM
Fuel pipe*

Anonymous
05-03-02, 12:48 AM
once the engine had finally started the pump worked fine off the ignition, and i havent had the prob since