PDA

View Full Version : Top mounts

Anonymous
02-03-02, 02:55 PM
I've been to on-line auto sport's web page and found these after a tip off:
Strut top mounting, rubber competition spec. - priced each ?29.00
Strut top mounting, rose jointed - priced per pair ?129.00
What part is the Strut top mounting as Haynes manual shows the who thing is made from like ten different componats which bit would I be replacing with either of the above?Im confussed as most of bit made of metal on standard?

Anonymous
02-03-02, 08:41 PM
I think it will be of a different design to the std components so comparison will be difficult. It maybe designed to go along with Bilstein Cup struts which are preferred for most Nova related competition applications. In this case you wont use most if any of the original strut components. It will be a replacement kit I expect

Anonymous
03-03-02, 06:57 PM
I see, so can I use it with a Monro gas shock then?
As these are wot I have at the mo only 2months old & would like to keep em!

Anonymous
04-03-02, 12:02 PM
the top mount consists of the rubber which the spring sits in(unless you have coilovers), the metal plate which that sits on, a bearing, then another rubber bit and the top plate which bolts on to the turret under the bonnet.
the 30 quid each ones i think have better rubber, so its i suppose its the same effect as changing bushes.

True, True...

Anonymous
04-03-02, 09:13 PM
Umm might just oreder them have a look and if replaces bits will fit if need load of other bit's and bob's will send back and save for coil over and just turn system up so don't hear the knocking noise!

;)If you can't hear it then nothing is wrong!;)