PDA

View Full Version : redtop exhaust

MOL
11-06-07, 10:35 AM
hiya....
Ive recently bought a redtop nova, Im putting everything to back to standard on the outside. Its an sr but only looks like a 1.2 or even a 1litre on the outside... So Im going for the sleeper effect with it...

Only thing Im not happy with it the exhaust is silly loud.... Its a full system but Im not sure what system it is.
But to add to the sleeper effect im going for I could do with making it quiter...
I was thinking about putting a standard backbox onto it, But I dont know what a standard backbox would be??
Im guessing from the manifold down its going to be a bigger bore than your average nova exhaust. So do I need a backbox from a cav or calibra?? :confused:

Any help appreciated
Cheers

Welsh Dan
11-06-07, 11:49 AM
I'd not expect a cav or cally backbox to fit the nova hangars etc..

A normal nova backbox would probably cost you around ?15 from Rollings, and if you know someone that can weld they could probably put the right inlet on it for you. Failing that I'd just take it to a proper exhaust place and see what they tell you. Ansa have always been allright with me.

MOL
11-06-07, 05:41 PM
Thanks for that mate.. Paz up at minera tyres should be able to weld it for me.
I didnt really think about how it would hang with a cav backbox, I was more thinking about whether the bore would be the right size or not for fitting to the centre section.
I'll have to get it in the air this week I think and have a decent look at it.

Cheers :)

Ste L
11-06-07, 05:54 PM
mol, just get a custom system made up, ask them to make it quiet..

and for a tail pipe, just ask for a 2", then just get some black hammerite on it :thumb:

MOL
11-06-07, 05:57 PM
Alright Ste... I could do mate thats another option.

Im trying not to spend too much money on this car tho, and the word "custom" sounds expensive haha

Ste L
11-06-07, 06:00 PM
custom one's are usually ther price of a decent stainless system, if you dont want nothing special, like 10, 6" outlets or something stupid like that lol

Ste L
11-06-07, 06:04 PM
another option, to make it look stock is get a system like ste nova's old one off his 1.6..

http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=8_9&products_id=192

?110 for a full system, with standard looking 2"outlet..
and what i can remember, ste's was quiet

http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/images/41system.jpg

Lee
11-06-07, 07:41 PM
Unless its a custom stainless exhaust, id guess its a modified nova one, as nothing else off the shelf fits. If its loud, its probably got a loud big bore thing on it, which you should be able to replace with a standard nova backbox.

Im only guessing, but thats normally the case.

Ste L
11-06-07, 07:45 PM
Unless its a custom stainless exhaust, id guess its a modified nova one, as nothing else off the shelf fits. If its loud, its probably got a loud big bore thing on it, which you should be able to replace with a standard nova backbox.

Im only guessing, but thats normally the case.

its a full system, the bore's are usually bigger, so the original backbox wont slide over the pipe....

Lee
11-06-07, 07:47 PM
Aye, i must have missed that bit when I read the post.

MOL
12-06-07, 06:44 PM
cheers Ste that system looks a bargain price.

Ive been down to tweeks today they said they can make me a stainless custom system up... I went down with a mate tho and they wanted the car on the ramps to give me a quote so I might pop it down tomorow.

sounds expensive but I get good 'mates rates' at tweeks so it might not be too harsh on the old bank account lol