PDA

View Full Version : rattling window!!!

Anonymous
02-03-02, 08:18 PM
ive got leccy windows in my sr.
and when you have the drivers window down a bit it rattles like crazy... (closed is o.k, and fully open is o.k!) will it be hard to rectify? the passenger side is fine..

cheers

:):)

Anonymous
02-03-02, 08:44 PM
yeah mine does that when i turn up the stereo any ideas (apart from turn down the stereo!!)

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

Anonymous
02-03-02, 08:49 PM
lol mines too, maybe a new seal would help?

Anonymous
03-03-02, 12:57 PM
yep, me too. thats if i can get the bastard thing down in the first place, once it gets to about halfway it stops and wont budge :-/

Anonymous
03-03-02, 04:08 PM
Failure of the rear pivot for the front window is a common problem, just means that you need to press down on the rear of the window to make it open properly, or buy a new pivot.

Anonymous
03-03-02, 05:03 PM
when mine didnt open well I sprayed some rubber lube inside the window seal where the window runs and its sound now. It also used to rattle and I found it was the ball/socket joint that attatches the window to the opening mechanism, so I greased it up and again its laffin.

Anonymous
04-03-02, 12:29 AM
new pivot??? my window is the same the stoopid fing stix half way. wot parts do i need to buy to fix it? tried lube only worked for a eek till it dried :(

Anonymous
04-03-02, 08:29 PM
In certain positions, my windows in the GTE sometimes rattle a little....I just wind them up a little and the rattling stops.