PDA

View Full Version : GSi spoiler and pov spec bumpers

Driver
10-06-07, 08:50 PM
2 questions

1. recently bought a GSi/SRi spoiler from Draper, the bolts are a little bent and thread damaged, would it still fit properly etc if i bent them back streigt and re-threaded them ????

2. recently bought some poverty spec bumpers from a well known internet auction site. when ive pulled the bumper tape off its pulled some of the crinkled effect off and left it grey underneath, is ther anyway i can restore the crinkled look of is it time to spray them ??

cheers, any help appreciated

Jack
11-06-07, 01:36 AM
By crinkled effect, do you mean the plastic is smooth where the bumper stripe tape goes? As far as I know thats how they are as std...

Driver
11-06-07, 08:08 AM
thats exactly what i mean yes, however theres still patched of crinkled-ness and theres patches on the back of the bumper tape as if it was all crinkled

ade
11-06-07, 09:24 AM
are the bumpers fibreglass?

If so you'll have a bugger matching the effect back up - best thing to do is smooth them.

TBH that's the same for the plastic too (although I'm a tad worried if the plastic just pulls off like that) - is it paint thats come off the bumper?

Re the spoiler - best thing to do is remove the threads and refit new onws. you can get pre threaded rod from B&Q for about ?3. All you do is twist out the old ones, cut a length to fit and then rethread with new. If the fixing peg comes out just set the new threads in place with resin (2 part epoxy resin will do it).

Ade

ANDYRACER
11-06-07, 09:29 AM
Just tigerseal the spoiler on. :thumb:

Driver
11-06-07, 07:29 PM
cheers ade

the threads are still there just a little molestered

the bumpers are plastic its the roughness of it thats coming off if you know what i meen, leaving it smooth and grey underneath and i want it rough