draper
10-06-07, 07:57 PM
the guys unstopable

Mikey_J
10-06-07, 08:01 PM
Had an awesome start didnt he

gazz
10-06-07, 08:02 PM
he is one hell of a driver and with a good team..
6 races and on podium 6 times with one win..

AND HE IS A ROOKIE...:thumb:

burgo
10-06-07, 08:03 PM
ive been watching him since he was in karting as i was karting at the same time. fair play to the lad he deserves it

Dave.
10-06-07, 08:05 PM
was a brill race... glad hamilton won
but there was a hell of alot of crashes

burgo
10-06-07, 08:06 PM
yes there was alot of crashes but on every restart hamilton pulled a different tactic out the bag each time to get a good lead again

gazz
10-06-07, 08:08 PM
could you imagine what his lead mighte of been if safty car wernt sent out.
as he had a 19 sec lead in first incident.

burgo
10-06-07, 08:09 PM
he would of lapped practically everyone i recon lol

gazz
10-06-07, 08:10 PM
dont think your far from truth there..:thumb:

tom reid
10-06-07, 08:14 PM
F1 is good again

wisewood
11-06-07, 08:14 AM
Hamilton has had a fantastic start to his F1 career, but that fantastic start was initiated years ago - well before he ever stepped into an F1 pit lane.

He's been groomed for this by Ron Dennis for years, and I think from now on Lewis Hamilton types will appear more and more often.

Rather than buying in the best drivers when they show promise in the lower classes teams will start looking for promising youngsters right at the bottom while they're in karting - much as football teams do with youth development.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Michael Schumacher or someone else with a decent brand name behind them opens up an F1 academy of some sort which aims to mould the kids into a well prepared racer.

There is no doubt that Hamilton is a fantastic talent - but I do have big questions about how he would have developed had it not been for the intervention of McLaren at such a young age.

Every sport recognises these days that if you spot skill at a young age, and focus that skill properly, you can create someone incredible at their chosen discipline. Lewis Hamilton's maturity and ability to handle pressure better than any other rookie i can remember is evidence of this.