PDA

View Full Version : Snap-off

Anonymous
28-02-02, 01:22 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone here's got a Snap-off wheel hub?

I'm considering it as a means of security (although knowing how thick car thieves are, they'd probably try driving it without a steering wheel :p)

Do people rate them? What do peeps generally think?

I don't mind carrying the wheel round with me.....less hassle than I'd get if the car was nicked.....and where's the best/cheapest place to get one?

Cheers.

Anonymous
28-02-02, 02:41 AM
well when some1 tried to nick my car last july my std sr wheel became snapoff, lol.
bit gutted to go out at 6am and fine i had no windows, steering wheel. but at ?25 parts and 3 hours work it was back on the road as usual :)

Ian S has one, seems to be ok (for us to hide in McD's and shit him up)

Anonymous
28-02-02, 09:00 AM
nice alarm dicko :D

"back on the road as usual" i thought at this current moment in time it's busted and off the road with no mot?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
28-02-02, 11:29 AM
lol.....they're ok then?

I don't suppose insurance companies give any discount for having one do they.....

Are they Thatcham (Cat 3) approved does anyone know?

Anonymous
28-02-02, 12:14 PM
They are a unbeatable immobilser really aint they. You can't take it any where with no steering wheel. Well, unless your a pro thief but what pro's nick nova's!!!!!

Anonymous
28-02-02, 01:01 PM
or unless you walk up with the same steering wheel...

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
28-02-02, 03:22 PM
ye ste couldnt hear the alarm over 2 sets of double glazed windows and a metal shutter and the radio playing as i was in work!!

Anonymous
28-02-02, 07:26 PM
lmao at dickos safety in the case of a fire

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
28-02-02, 09:44 PM
i don't think u even have to carry the wheel around with u as they have a key to take off the wheel and put it back on so u can leave the wheel in the boot.
not 100% sure, just remember reading it somewhere

Anonymous
01-03-02, 12:33 AM
Yeh....I was looking at the "very amateurish" Snap-Off website last night (I'll design them a new one :D)....and read about how they use a key to lock them on and to prevent other wheels from being fitted.....each one is unique.

I just need to find the best place to get one now.....Carnoisseur sell them I think....I'll have to get a catalogue.
Failing that, there's SmartCar in Nottingham.....I'm off down there on Sunday anyway so I might pay a visit.

Anonymous
04-03-02, 12:20 PM
Don't bother with Demon Tweeks as they got my order wrog 3 times. In the end I drove to Wrexham and sorted it out my self. The key is rubbish though.