PDA

View Full Version : Internal main live for alarm

Iain
10-06-07, 10:59 AM
Obviously attaching an alarm to the +ve battery post isn't too stealthy so I was wondering if there's a suitable internal cable that can be used? Anywhere on the car loom/fusebox would be hidden behind the dashboard.

Thanks.

Edit: Similar question, where would a suitable +ve be for a central locking and electric windows loom, as my fusebox doesn't facilitate these (poverty spec carb loom).

Dan 130
10-06-07, 11:45 AM
ignition live or fuel pump live something like that would work i think

Adam
10-06-07, 11:56 AM
Interior light fuse for alarm.
You could use the batt for the central locking.

Windows run from Ign live.

Iain
10-06-07, 12:05 PM
Yeah there's a black and a red for my c/l and e/w loom, so I presume red (+ve) for c/l and black (ign live) for windows.

Where's the interior light fuse? Or is it okay just to pick a red wire at random on the back of my fusebox? lol

Dan I don't think that would work as it needs to be live constantly.

Adam
10-06-07, 12:10 PM
Get the haynes out and look which fuse protects the interior light, then use the wire from that fuse.

Iain
10-06-07, 12:37 PM
Muh as if that makes any sense :plol

Next question, my alarm wants a 7.5A fuse before taking 2 wires to ground (for the c/l). Is this bollocks or should I just do it?

Dan 130
10-06-07, 12:43 PM
yeah didnt think bout that had a blonde moment and was thinking about the stop it from starting side of things lol interior light is what i got told to do mine of as it can also tell when the doors are open, what alarm is it

Iain
10-06-07, 12:57 PM
It's a Cobra. Basics wired in now apart from a hidden live, door pins and immob.

How do you go about wiring it in to the interior light to check if doors are open then? That could be useful.

Dan 130
10-06-07, 01:17 PM
the interior light comes on when your doors are open im not entireley sure how you wire it i shall find out for certain but i pretty sure you bridge the live so it goes through the alarm kind of acting like anoher door pin switch i will find out off he bloke that is supplying my alarm as that is also a cobra

Iain
10-06-07, 01:26 PM
Cool nice one. The interior light is a red and a grey coming down the drivers A pillar is it not?

While you're there you should find out about wiring the immobiliser too as I believe it has one built in.

Dan 130
10-06-07, 01:56 PM
yeah there built in i think as you have a wire for they ignition and a wire for the fuel pump i think that stops it from starting also not sue about the colour of the wire havnt looked to be honest just trace it back to the light is the best bet

maccas
10-06-07, 01:58 PM
i fitted a cobra alarm to my nova about a year ago and i wired that into the interior light circuit, not for the constant live but so that when the doors open the alarm goes off, also when you disarm the alarm the interior light comes on for about 20 seconds my cobra has 2 immobiliser circuits so i ran one to the fuel pump and one to the coil, i don't have my car here with me as i'm at uni otherwise i would check how i wired it into the interior light, hope some of this helps

maccas

Dan 130
10-06-07, 02:05 PM
cheers maccas you just confimed what i said as i was not 100% sure

Iain
10-06-07, 02:12 PM
Cool cool, so this alarm has 2 wires for "engine cut off", which I presume is the immob. This is how to immobilise using the fuel pump?

http://www.iainel.co.uk/images/forums/AlarmFP.JPG

I have 1 wire for door sensors, so I guess I'll play at putting it on both the interior light wires.

Dan 130
10-06-07, 03:25 PM
yeah all your doing is making the power go through the alarm/immobiliser so the two wires for the fuel pump (on the alarm) you cut a piece about 8 inches out of the fuel pump live and then use the alarm wires to bridge the gap exactly like the pic also you can still use the wires for the door pin swicthes thats up to you hope i helping rather than confusing lol