PDA

View Full Version : engines question... wierd one.

Anonymous
01-03-02, 02:01 PM
Right then... you may think this is a crazy crazy question but my step dad has asked me to ask it.

He has always wanted a calibra, and now htat he can afford one he has had three accidents in the last year and so has no no claims and the insurance quotes are just silly.

So, can you get a smaller engine to work in a calibra... liek a ickle 1.4 or a 1.6 ??
If so what work would be involved?
The insurance company may be more forgiving if he aint driving a sports car, just a big car that looks nice with a tiny engine.
He dont want speed, just the look of the car.

So... can it be done...if so... what would need to be done?
new engine and box etc. different mounts etc?

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
01-03-02, 04:47 PM
just get a small car for a year or two then get a cally

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
01-03-02, 05:07 PM
thats what i said.
but he reckons he would much rather drive a calibra with a small engine.
bloody nuisance he is.

Anonymous
01-03-02, 08:21 PM
Smallest you'll get is a Cavalier 1.6, anything smaller and . . . well it will just be stupid

Anonymous
01-03-02, 10:36 PM
yep the Mk3 cav 1.6 engine will fit into the 2.0l 8v cally, then in a few years time he can swap back to the original engine, and you can then bang the cav 1.6l in a nova.

web site: www.perpetualbliss.net
E mail: v5uk@perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
02-03-02, 02:41 AM
get a cav 1.6 and fit the calibra front end and rear bumper

the front end simply bolts on aprt from the wings

they need choping and the front sections of the calibra wing welded and smoothed into the cavalier wing

trust me this looks the fucking tits!

a lad round here has done a few, the 1st time i saw his "demo" i was like "nice calibra" and then when it drove away i was like "where the fuck did that lads calibra go?"

then the penny sunk

"fuck me wtf, fucking hell did u see that cav with the cally front end?"

quality

last time i spoke to him he was off to fit the rear bumper

i have seen another conversion where they used the entire calibra front wing and modded it to fir the 4 doors

and it looked cacky lol

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
02-03-02, 11:32 AM
it would be more or less the same cost to have a 1.6 engine in as a 2L becuase the car would b classed at moddified with a smaller engine, like putting a 1.2 into an sr!!
insurance companys are dicks you know that!!

Anonymous
03-03-02, 11:15 AM
well at least i can tell him now that it can be done. if he chooses to do it, thats his fault.
I think its stupid myself. Told him to get a nova for a bit and then get some no claims built up and get a calibra after that. But he wants one like yesterday. Silly man.