PDA

View Full Version : another xe problem!!!

edens-xe
07-06-07, 07:56 PM
rite guys ive just put a new head gasket set on my car, the thing im having trouble with is it blows burnt oil out of the exhaust. this only seems to do it when im near 7000rpm if i ease off the throttle and run 'sensibly' it clears itself and runs fine again. i have heard that the xe lumps can have a breather problem and that there is a plate you can buy that bolts into the inside of the rocker cover that stops the oil being pushed out of the engine and back into the throttle body, because i think thats what my cars doing. oh by the way the rings are new and the valve stem oil seals so i know there fine, if not it would be puffing all the time!!!!

if there is such a plate does anyone have a link to where i can purchase one form please:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

thanks in advance

General Baxter
07-06-07, 08:12 PM
so you changed the rings, head gasket,

then revved the nuts off it?

edens-xe
07-06-07, 08:21 PM
so you changed the rings, head gasket,

then revved the nuts off it?

no ive covered 1000 steady miles in it but it only puffs now and then when the revs are high?

Mike
07-06-07, 08:23 PM
7 grand doesnt sound like steady miles to me chap

Philsutton
07-06-07, 08:30 PM
i have heard that the xe lumps can have a breather problem and that there is a plate you can buy that bolts into the inside of the rocker cover that stops the oil being pushed out of the engine and back into the throttle body

dont do it that way its crap, just cut the plate out bar th very end bit.

Adam
07-06-07, 08:30 PM
Do the breather mod(drill holes in the camcover breather plate so oil drips back down into the head instead of running to the throttle body.

Edit-phil beat me to it,Lol.

edens-xe
08-06-07, 06:37 PM
thanks for the advice guys, oh and a pic would be handy or instructions just to be safe. thanks again you lot:thumb:

nicky_wilko
08-06-07, 07:12 PM
Here you go mate:

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/cylhead/crank_ventilation.htm

Nice easy mod, plus its free! :)

edens-xe
09-06-07, 09:50 AM
Here you go mate:

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/cylhead/crank_ventilation.htm

Nice easy mod, plus its free! :)

cheers buddy:thumb: