PDA

View Full Version : vectra v6 engine.... 25xe- will it fit?

joeythegreat
07-06-07, 01:45 AM
as above....
I have a vauxhall vectra sri v6 (2.5)
im wondering will this beast of an engine fit into the nova bay?
How much cutting will be required?
thanks in advance

General Baxter
07-06-07, 10:55 AM
the engine in the vectra is the x25xe, this will fit but due to the way they designed the engine it wont fit in,

you would need the c25xe topends, but if your going round this way

find a 3L vectra, x30xe bottom end, fit c25xe heads, c25xe inlet manifold, x30xe cams

Stuart
07-06-07, 11:31 AM
lmfao @ "beast" ..... for all the ballache and time needed to get it in and handling nice, you might as well fit a 20xe TB it, cams etc and you'll have the sampe power but be faster due to less weight/gay exhausts etc.

Adam
07-06-07, 03:29 PM
Beast? There a ****e engine.

MyNovaSr
07-06-07, 09:02 PM
^^ - I think he means poo ;)

John
07-06-07, 09:19 PM
Beast? There a ****e engine.

Not in x25xe gsi form imo. we see a 215 bhp gsi at work at i really llike it, ultra reliable and makes all the right noises!

I'm with stuart here though, i wouldn't even contemplate fitting it in a nov though, there was one at pvs in a mk3 astra on mig, by the looks of it the chap had struggled to get it in the bay.

Philsutton
07-06-07, 09:42 PM
why do that when you can fit a 300bhp LET for so little hassle an less weight?

Adam
07-06-07, 10:12 PM
why do that when you can fit a 300bhp LET for so little hassle an less weight?
What he said/\
I dont see any reason why anyone would want a v6 tbh.

joeythegreat
08-06-07, 01:50 AM
Everyone i have talked to about this has said the same thing "smaller engine" etc etc.:(

Im not at all interested in how the car goes round corners. Im aware putting a large heavy engine in a light car is going to ruin the handling, but ive got a pug 306 S16 to go round corners.
This is purely for going in a straight line;)

No 4 cylinder engine, however powerful , is ever going to give me that NOOOIIISE!:eek:
I have friends with 2.0 litre novas, and i dont want to do the same tbh

Any advice on exactly what bits (sorry for technical term) i would need to get the engine i have in and running? And what cars i may be able to scource these 'bits' from?
Thanks