PDA

View Full Version : Done to death...

Rexy
06-06-07, 08:54 PM
Just looking at nova piks from PV and over the years trends come and go etc and was just sat here thinking about what mods have been done to death and whats up and comming for the nova in 07/08.

I saw some very nice and tidy novas around ye ole santa pod, esp the sports on the JOV stand. Very Hard Dick was still looking lush on the nova stand sat in the corner..

One thing which i think will be fresh for next year will be totally OEM GSi's Sr's and GTE's in uber mintness condition.

Your Views?

hagger
06-06-07, 09:02 PM
big engines was done to death! well i think,most of the novas/tigras/corsas seemed to be xes or lets, be nice to see more tuned smaller engines. btw my nova was on jov stand, the lazer blue sr.....if ya saw it or not lol

General Baxter
06-06-07, 09:03 PM
next year it will be TD's ;)

Lee
06-06-07, 09:08 PM
big engines was done to death! well i think,most of the novas/tigras/corsas seemed to be xes or lets, be nice to see more tuned smaller engines. btw my nova was on jov stand, the lazer blue sr.....if ya saw it or not lol

I agree that they are going to get slower as well :thumb:

Martin
06-06-07, 09:11 PM
Rexe, standerd novas are coming back into fashion..

liek i said every other nova was a let, also last year a 300bhp let was suming to be proud of,, now its like a minimum to have..

Philsutton
I think the next big thing will be ronal teddy bears, there was a sever lack of them at the weekend which was a disappoint.

JSeymour
eruo! or so i hope. the few corsas, novas even a calibra with small, wide wheels looked great. simple sutble mods get my attension more then anything.

rjm's nova looked amazing with the colour codded iirc mt's on.

id say 40% of the novas there had speedlines which you could say has been done to death but they still look great. same with xe's and let's. didnt stop me looking at every one though.

Dan 130
06-06-07, 09:15 PM
next year it will all be about 8v power and carbs lol

Rexy
06-06-07, 09:18 PM
Yeah i agree with the Euro style, Ive always loved the wide wheels, on its **** also the rat style. I'm a fan of the VW scene tho.

Stuart
06-06-07, 09:18 PM
steam power will be the way forwards next year

Rexy
06-06-07, 09:20 PM
you just gay tho

JSeymour
06-06-07, 09:20 PM
oh and rusty bonnets

Lee
06-06-07, 09:24 PM
Why do i find the idea of a steam powered Nova so appealing? lol

On the line at the pod....

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS CHUFF ..... HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHUFF ... HISSSS CHUFF .. HISS CHUF ..HISS CHUF HISS CHUFF HISS CHUFF HISSCHUFFHISSCHUFFHISSCHUFF

... WHOOOO WOOOOOOOOOO

Rexy
06-06-07, 09:24 PM
pmsl.... wtf

Mike
06-06-07, 09:31 PM
8v power i reckon next year. I honestly think they could be some severe small block competition aswell

Jim
06-06-07, 09:51 PM
I think you'll see more track orientated cars, as well as some BIG bhp Turbo Novas. I think the styling will become more subtle with modded cars going back to a more standard look.

Unfortunatley I can only see more 2.0 Novas appearing on the horizon, which is fine with me.

Stuart
06-06-07, 09:58 PM
lee, i think its the fact you can get peak torque at near 0rpm so you can get a baaaad ass launch :D

Mike.
06-06-07, 09:59 PM
I think you'll see more track orientated cars, as well as some BIG bhp Turbo Novas. I think the styling will become more subtle with modded cars going back to a more standard look.

Unfortunatley I can only see more 2.0 Novas appearing on the horizon, which is fine with me.

as far as i can see there will always be 2.0 novas, which isn't a bad thing, but i agree that the small blocks will be back and track cars or track car styling will be big, well thats the way am going with my two novas anyway

Mushy
06-06-07, 09:59 PM
next year it will all be about 8v power and carbs lol

Yeaaah !

My theme is keeping to the model and standards the car was originally manufactured from the factory, Except lower and louder :D

Jack
06-06-07, 10:01 PM
With phil on the bears, might have th source a set for mine...

I was also thinking a 2.0 in a nova seems to be the norm now. Wonder if I could fit a supercharger to a V6 or VVTLi engine and whack it in my saloon lol

JSeymour
06-06-07, 10:07 PM
2.0's may be the norm but when you see the standard of cars like mikes(hope its the same one i saw at pvs) its just amazing. and imo not the norm atal. theres more to the car then just what engine it has.

dave.gsi
06-06-07, 10:16 PM
done to death?

dare i say it....the standard checklist for a nova owner:

1.gsi kit

2.speedlines

3. 2.0xe

done to absolute death now in my opinion.even where people have tried to mix it up a bit with the whole grey bumper/wheel combo, been done a thousand times now.

looking in2 my crystal balls i see a future of track slags, euro cars, original factory fresh looking cars and ripping off the veedub scene with oem parts made to fit and looking nice and subtle:thumb:

Mike
06-06-07, 10:16 PM
2.0 are the norm for a reason though, relativly cheap and quite an easy way to build a sub 15sec Nova tbh.

bump
06-06-07, 10:17 PM
If I get bored enough over the summer I may have a crack at a pulsed jet engined Nova.

Stuart
06-06-07, 10:22 PM
make it twin jetted so you can turn :D

bump
06-06-07, 10:26 PM
Now there's a plan lol

Mike
06-06-07, 10:26 PM
Im thinking about building an uber clean engined (chrome, polished, samco clad small block) with a progressive Nitrous system using one of those full throttle swith thingys.

Id love an XE, but tbh i just cant be ****d to build one or buy some else's bodged attempted at one.

So yes, i think next years shows may see some nicely done small block's (16 & 8v's)

Adam
06-06-07, 10:29 PM
Got to agree with the xe/let comments, unbelieveable the amount of xe's/lets in various cars.
Im slightly regretting removing my 8v this afternoon, lol

Mike.
06-06-07, 10:30 PM
iff hendrix phones me all be helping him remove my new engine out of his old car, you can't really beat 1.6 8'v lol

Mike
06-06-07, 10:30 PM
Got to agree with the xe/let comments, unbelieveable the amount of xe's/lets in various cars.
Im slightly regretting removing my 8v this afternoon, lol

small block XE's rock! Did anyone see that 1.4 16v white mk2 kicking around at PV?

adam c
06-06-07, 10:35 PM
net year i think there will be more c16xe and x16xe novas about

Martin
06-06-07, 10:37 PM
iff hendrix phones me all be helping him remove my new engine out of his old car, you can't really beat 1.6 8'v lol

oh dear..

kronk10
06-06-07, 10:44 PM
I have allways thought the small blocks will make a come back i swear by my 1400 8v and didnt see many at pvs i think i saw 3 other 1.4 and some 1.6's i even beat a gte nova up the striplol People are just scared cus when you say you have a 1.4 or 1.6, people in general are not impressed!! Until they get in, one i just took my uncle out for a drive in myn he almost **** his pants and couldnt believe how well it pulls :thumb:

Adam
06-06-07, 10:47 PM
net year i think there will be more c16xe and x16xe novas about
Indeed, I didnt see many this year.

Ian
06-06-07, 10:51 PM
The reason for all the cars with the superior big block engines is simple, they work, and work well. All you small block sheep can keep thinking they are just as good but in your minds you know you are wrong.

Its like the ipod, its common because its so successful and works, you get the weirdos that have to be "different" and get something inferior, but deep down they are only kidding themselves.

;)

John
06-06-07, 10:52 PM
euro/rat/standard will be the next big thing ihmo.

mk2 gsi reps, bodged xe/lets, big fibreglass bodykits, black wheels, clear rear clusters have all been done to death IMO.

oh and don't dismiss baxters comment, 1.3 cdti chromed brown 2 door saloon anyone?

Martin
06-06-07, 10:52 PM
^^ what he said(ian)

Mike
06-06-07, 11:02 PM
The reason for all the cars with the superior big block engines is simple, they work, and work well. All you small block sheep can keep thinking they are just as good but in your minds you know you are wrong.

Its like the ipod, its common because its so successful and works, you get the weirdos that have to be "different" and get something inferior, but deep down they are only kidding themselves.

;)

yeap agreed as said prevoisly, i own a small block, the reason, i cant be @rsed to build anything else tbh lol

kronk10
06-06-07, 11:02 PM

;)

I know small blocks are not as powerfull and deffo dont think they are just as good its just that all you ever see is 2.0 its getting abit boring:wtf: I still looked at everyone though and liked it they are easy and cheap power. xe's and let's now look standard in novas and that is just uber weird:tard:

Mike
06-06-07, 11:16 PM
as i said before, XE is the easy cheapish way to build a sub 15sec Nova

So why bother with anything else

bump
06-06-07, 11:38 PM
as i said before, XE is the easy cheapish way to build a sub 15sec Nova

So why bother with anything else

For the challenge, and to try something new, if no one tried something new you'd still be sat in a cave scratching your ****.

Lee
06-06-07, 11:55 PM
For the challenge, and to try something new, if no one tried something new you'd still be sat in a cave scratching your ****.

No, everyone would be going faster and have more cash in their pocket lol

Philsutton
06-06-07, 11:57 PM
if you want a fast car why start with an inferior engine lol

Adam
06-06-07, 11:57 PM
I know small blocks are not as powerfull and deffo dont think they are just as good its just that all you ever see is 2.0 its getting abit boring:wtf: I still looked at everyone though and liked it they are easy and cheap power. xe's and let's now look standard in novas and that is just uber weird:tard: Point being big blocks are popular for a reason, they are the best engine choice....
Its like saying why does everyone fit big brakes?

You could spend a grand on a 1.4 engine getting 120bhp(carbs etc), or you could spend a grand on a Let with ph2 chips and get 280bhp and a lot more potential. :)
And yes i did spend quite a bit on my old 1.4,Lol.

Jack
07-06-07, 08:55 AM
Dual-charged 1.0 anybody?

vallanc3
07-06-07, 10:44 AM
v6 power:cool:

General Baxter
07-06-07, 10:52 AM
oh and don't dismiss baxters comment, 1.3 cdti chromed brown 2 door saloon anyone?

no as there just ****e lol
talk about wires fitting one of them in a nova :wtf:

vallanc3
07-06-07, 11:27 AM
sod just having the trooper turbo on a 1.7td..put the whole 3.1 td engine in!

kevster
07-06-07, 11:49 AM
xe or let all the way redtops are used every were for a reason !!!
cheap to do and give good power!!! nice one vauxhall :)

Stuart
07-06-07, 11:53 AM
the ford zetec is a better engine than the XE now ;) thats got to be worth a conversion.

RJM25R
07-06-07, 12:21 PM
Done to death?

Standard GSI kit?
Speedlines?
XE/let engines?

Name me the your top ten novas, and i bet 80% of them have 2 or more of the above per car!

Because it works!

Matt2107
07-06-07, 12:25 PM
I wouldnt be worried if I never saw another Nova with a set of speedlines on.

IMO they are "the" most over used mod around.

I understand that they are "claimed" as the pefect wheel but I think they're just plain ugly.

Martin
07-06-07, 12:38 PM
My top ten novas..

Mat172 - peppermint nova
Benns blue one
martin kelsons
geordie chris's newly build xe&45s
mark ridlys gsi
andybishops turbo
mark beasons
karl roundtrees red one
RJMs green one
dan16v(i think) turbo
Sr spudleys 1.2spi

oki so theres 11 but hey there my favs

burgo
07-06-07, 12:47 PM
i recon there is gonna be alot more thinking outside of the box this year with so many new first time mods.

and i think a duretec cosworth lump could be worth a look at

Martin
07-06-07, 12:49 PM
i think next year we mite see the 1st v8 nova on the road

General Baxter
07-06-07, 12:51 PM
and i think a duretec cosworth lump could be worth a look at

i know where theres about 12 of them sitting in a scrap yard lol

wisewood
07-06-07, 01:04 PM
Done to death... GSi replica, speedlines... and other things that you dont really think about too much.

De-locking, de-handling, de-badging, replacing badges with shiney silver new style ones, single wipers - clear indicators, smoked/clear rear clusters.

Yeah, you could argue that at least a couple of those are necessary for increased security, but almost everyone does them.

kevster
07-06-07, 01:07 PM
the ford zetec is a better engine than the XE now ;) thats got to be worth a conversion.

are you for real !!!!!!!

Dan 130
07-06-07, 01:10 PM
deffinateley about the v8 idea could even look into it myself when my wages are sorted lol lots of work though

wisewood
07-06-07, 01:13 PM
are you for real !!!!!!!

lol stu knows "quite a lot" about ford engines. So i would say yes, he probably is.

And... how many years ago was the XE designed??

Jack
07-06-07, 01:14 PM
single wipers
Gahhhhh I hate single wiper conversions! Why make your car look like a poverty spec Fiat or Citroen!

wisewood
07-06-07, 01:15 PM
They're wikkid. its more aerodynamic innit.

Martin
07-06-07, 01:20 PM
Gahhhhh I hate single wiper conversions! Why make your car look like a poverty spec Fiat or Citroen!

:D:D:D

Matt2107
07-06-07, 01:20 PM
I have on on my GTE.... purely to lower the cost of servicing :D

craig green
07-06-07, 01:26 PM
Next year I'd like to see a return of mk1 Nova styling.

For years, almost every Nova at a show has a mk2 fr end. Come on guys, mk1 headlamps please!

Thankfully original styling (GM bumpers) seems to have conquered the fibreglass brigade of Kingdom & Fibresports parts & Abyss bumpers are almost a distant memory. Thank god!

Jack
07-06-07, 01:31 PM
^ mine will be GSi-ed when it gets resprayed in a few years time - til then it'll be Mk1 with the irmscher light panel in black :D

I have on on my GTE.... purely to lower the cost of servicing :D
Because 1x windscreen wiper will break the bank lol

Lee
07-06-07, 01:44 PM
are you for real !!!!!!!

He's right, Zetecs are probably the best engine to tune out there in regards to 'bang for your buck'

They take bodies, turbocharging, superdupercharging etc easily. If I were to build a Caterham or Westie tomorrow, it would be running a Zetec. :thumb:

JSeymour
07-06-07, 01:46 PM
a lot of mercs have single wipers, as do touring cars, there lighter and more aerodynamic.

craig, your right about phase 1 styling. Lol

ps if everyone's getting bored of the same old, same old. copy austin nova's ideas/nova's.

kevster
07-06-07, 01:48 PM
lol stu knows "quite a lot" about ford engines. So i would say yes, he probably is.

And... how many years ago was the XE designed??

mind you this is just my opinion .:)

kevster
07-06-07, 01:53 PM
the amount of ford engines we have come in to work not running right , head fails , this is what puts me off , on the othere hand my old man swears by the old ford lol

Jack
07-06-07, 01:54 PM
a lot of mercs have single wipers, as do touring cars, there lighter and more aerodynamic.
Yeah but we're talking about FWD rotboxes here, not million-? racecars or high spec GT cars... a single wiper is only going to save you about 1kg, and if you were that worried about aerodynamics - why get a nova in the first place? lmfao lol

Lee
07-06-07, 01:55 PM
ps if everyone's getting bored of the same old, same old. copy austin nova's ideas/nova's.

LOL, i challenge you to do what Austin does. The guy is uber talented. Im not saying no one could do what he does, but i very much doubt anyone could d it with the ease and skill he seems to show on every project ive seen of his.

But I agree with you totally, you dont get more different and off the wall than Austins creations.

Lee
07-06-07, 01:56 PM
Yeah but we're talking about FWD rotboxes here, not million-? racecars or high spec GT cars... a single wiper is only going to save you about 1kg, and if you were that worried about aerodynamics - why get a nova in the first place? lmfao lol

If you lose the bulkehead, its a perfectly ok mod to do, but id rather have 2 on the track car if i was honest.

kevster
07-06-07, 02:03 PM
austin is out of this world !! nice bloke to talk to helped me out when i needed it lol
cant wait to see the saloon done !!!!

kronk10
07-06-07, 03:44 PM
Point being big blocks are popular for a reason, they are the best engine choice....
Its like saying why does everyone fit big brakes?

You could spend a grand on a 1.4 engine getting 120bhp(carbs etc), or you could spend a grand on a Let with ph2 chips and get 280bhp and a lot more potential. :)
And yes i did spend quite a bit on my old 1.4,Lol.

I do agree but you have to admit that the xe's and lets do look standard in novas now:eek: but its a testamant to what the quality of novas are getting to:D

draper
07-06-07, 04:44 PM
i think clean engine bays are the furture, hidden wiring etc the standard of the novas on JOVs stand was asweome

also big power novas and track slag novas will be big

John
07-06-07, 08:06 PM
no as there just ****e lol
talk about wires fitting one of them in a nova :wtf:

Not as many wires as you'd imagine really, anything can be done with a little imagination.

I have a vision of a brown early saloon or 3 door hatch, remapped 1.3cdti, with a/c, p/s acres of draylon and chrome, on the floor with period roof rack.;)

Lee
07-06-07, 08:09 PM
The Dub boys had that look down years ago lol

Mike
07-06-07, 08:10 PM
i think clean engine bays are the furture, hidden wiring etc the standard of the novas on JOVs stand was asweome

also big power novas and track slag novas will be big

im going to try to tick all the above BAR big power by next PV. Im already about qaurter way there too :thumb:

John
07-06-07, 08:11 PM
The Dub boys had that look down years ago lol

Exactly, thats why it needs to be done to a nova Bt;)

i reckon more people would take time to look at something like this at shows, than say an xe'd gsi.

Martin
07-06-07, 08:34 PM
i need to get me some Wide as small rims

Haynzee
07-06-07, 10:48 PM
euro look is gonna be big I think. smaller wheels/tyres, and crazy low suspension, this is mine on 13s with 175/50 tyres on a 140mm front, 100mm rear drop.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u172/haynzees/05062007008.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u172/haynzees/02062007004.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u172/haynzees/02062007007.jpg

Mike
07-06-07, 10:50 PM
never seen you driving about Wolvo?

Martin
07-06-07, 10:50 PM
^^ Loower..

we need arche touchin tyre shots

Haynzee
07-06-07, 10:52 PM
never seen you driving about Wolvo?
christ im sorry, i'll try to drive around a bit more, I use it everyday :confused: :thumb:

Mike
07-06-07, 10:53 PM
christ im sorry, i'll try to drive around a bit more, I use it everyday :confused: :thumb:

You are a comedy genius

Martin
07-06-07, 10:55 PM
http://www.german-wheels.com/images/fahrzeuge/600x/auto_der_woche_29-04_3.jpg

Mike
07-06-07, 10:56 PM
now that^ i really do like!

Haynzee
thats cool. doors are gay though

burgo
^^ Loower..

we need arche touchin tyre shotshis is still abit high aint it lol mind you saying that i still have another 10mm to go down on my coil overs

Dan
07-06-07, 10:58 PM
Next year I'd like to see a return of mk1 Nova styling.

For years, almost every Nova at a show has a mk2 fr end. Come on guys, mk1 headlamps please!

Thankfully original styling (GM bumpers) seems to have conquered the fibreglass brigade of Kingdom & Fibresports parts & Abyss bumpers are almost a distant memory. Thank god!

lol i've waved the flag forever for the mk1 and the one i have had built for the last 3 years cant get much more mk1 than it is lol , the mk2 is just as nice but never interested me as much. in reference to engines, cant argue the big blocks are the modern standard.

The only reason i kept my small block is because its the original one from my old orange feature car from back in the 90's and i always swore to myself i would make it special before it died. 10 years later its still kicking so I havent finished my quest yet.

Martin
07-06-07, 11:00 PM
if only they was smaller..

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/PICT0011-2.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/PICT0006-1.jpg

Haynzee
07-06-07, 11:04 PM
if they were smaller the car would need lowering another inch. problem I ran into was the sump is only an inch off the ground, because of the small sidewalls

this is it on 14s with 175/65 tyres, after fitting the 13s I had to lower the front another 40mm to lose the gap

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u172/haynzees/01062007002.jpg

burgo
07-06-07, 11:04 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/nova108.jpg

Haynzee
07-06-07, 11:06 PM
thats nice and low burgo, now get it on some 13s and it will be in the ground , gonna be some sumps scraped at next years shows

Martin
07-06-07, 11:09 PM
Now thats what am talkn about Mr Go...

what are they?

Martin
07-06-07, 11:10 PM
ohh and if mine was smaller it wouldnt need lowering.. as it woutl go lower but the arches rested on the tyes

burgo
07-06-07, 11:10 PM
what are what lol

Martin
07-06-07, 11:16 PM
coilovers

Martin
07-06-07, 11:16 PM
i think mines was pretty low tho

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/PICT0009-1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/PICT0399.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/PICT0391.jpg

dave.gsi
07-06-07, 11:19 PM
^^ respect

some low cars there.

i used to have trouble with petrol stations getting in and out and mine wasnt that low

Martin
07-06-07, 11:21 PM
never had a nova llong enough to have to fill it up lmao

burgo
07-06-07, 11:21 PM
ive got spax rsx but i need some that are shorter

dave.gsi
07-06-07, 11:24 PM
angle grinder + springs = lower

simple mathematicslol

burgo
07-06-07, 11:27 PM
no its the actual shocks that are to long now lol

RJM25R
07-06-07, 11:35 PM
13's only look good if they are w-i-d-e, with stretched tyres.

Martin
07-06-07, 11:36 PM
^^ thats what i'm tryn'a find

or 14s so i can keep my xe brakes

Martin
07-06-07, 11:42 PM
Thats another thing thats done to the death...

Laguna spillters

RJM25R
07-06-07, 11:54 PM
try image wheels, they'll make whatever size and offset you want. Dear though, ?250 a wheel-ish

Ste L
08-06-07, 12:02 AM
is this low enough.. not a nova though lol

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5083/PICT0145.JPG

Stanley
08-06-07, 12:54 AM
I reckon (as already stated) that next year wil be full of small block Novas - C/X14XE
C/X16XE

Or good old 8V grunt!!

Euro stylings taking of too as bodykits are finally being noticed as ghey!:thumb::thumb:

RJM25R
08-06-07, 08:27 AM
At the end of the day, euro is only "cleaned" style, "rare" wheels, low and wide. It's relatively cheap to do and you can do a lot of it yourself.

OEM+ is how I'd describe my car. Using bits from other Vaux/Opels.

Breeny
08-06-07, 11:57 AM
I predict you'll see another Nova from a certain person called Breeny lol

But yeh... OEM, Euro, maybe "rat" look

craig green
08-06-07, 12:03 PM
Saloons are more popular than ever too, so thats somethin a lil different to look at.

Mushy
09-06-07, 02:11 PM
done to death?

dare i say it....the standard checklist for a nova owner:

1.gsi kit

2.speedlines

3. 2.0xe

done to absolute death now in my opinion.even where people have tried to mix it up a bit with the whole grey bumper/wheel combo, been done a thousand times now.

looking in2 my crystal balls i see a future of track slags, euro cars, original factory fresh looking cars and ripping off the veedub scene with oem parts made to fit and looking nice and subtle:thumb:

I kinda see your point, But how can GSi kit be done to death? Its what they come with standard.

Its like saying fish and chips is boring with salt and vinegar, So original it shouldnt get old !

dave.gsi
09-06-07, 02:18 PM
'so original it doesnt get old'

but it kindof does though. last night i had a curry. could have gone for fish and chips but thats been done to death now lol

draper
09-06-07, 02:21 PM
i fancy fish and chips now !!

dave.gsi
09-06-07, 02:24 PM
bbq time for me, sun is shining and beer is chilling:thumb:

crash_ndie
11-06-07, 02:24 PM
telling ya's now the 1.6 8v is the way forward i got 163.1 bhp out my small block and a shed load more torque than the xe and none of the extra weight or crap handeling it go's were its told! why have anythink less?????

Jack
11-06-07, 02:28 PM
and none of the extra weight or crap handeling
Now enter stage right, Dar, BT, Phil Sutton et al lol

Stuart
11-06-07, 02:32 PM
telling ya's now the 1.6 8v is the way forward i got 163.1 bhp out my small block and a shed load more torque than the xe and none of the extra weight or crap handeling it go's were its told! why have anythink less?????

pre tell your engine spec. oh and dont text type.

Ash
11-06-07, 02:36 PM

I'm a small block fan, but it's a hell of lot cheaper to fit an XE and tune it to 163.1bhp than it is to do it to a 1.6 8v. Plus which one would be more reliable?

benji
11-06-07, 05:03 PM
i missed this year, but i was there the last few years and i predict next year will be more of the same......

Lee
11-06-07, 05:03 PM

More than 150 lb/ft of torque from an NA 1.6? Wow! Can you make pigs fly as well? lol

Edit: You must get your pixie dust from the same place as Dan!

Dar
11-06-07, 05:15 PM
To be fair the Nova is old and had just about anything and everything done to it. To be completly origonal now would be to make it look utter sh*te! and if it didn't look bad then it will soon be done to death:eek:

So many times i've seen adverts saying "one off", "no other car like it" etc etc. There is a reason for that;)

However one thing that I would like to see is a space framed Nova with a nice bike lump in. I've seen many other cars done, but not a Nova. Although I think the best of the bunch is the Diablo Smart, just for the WTF! factor.

As for XE Novas not handling its a myth.

matthew172
11-06-07, 05:33 PM
i predict that people are still going to carry on putting big block motors in the novas because its cheap power, why spend twice as much on a 1.6 to get the same power as the xe???

Ash
11-06-07, 06:45 PM
Edit: You must get your pixie dust from the same place as Dan!

can i have some pixie dust please mister?:)

EDIT: PS - he didn't say it was N/A

Lee
11-06-07, 07:20 PM
can i have some pixie dust please mister?:)

This is very true, i shall climb down from my high horse. :thumb:

General Baxter
11-06-07, 07:21 PM

i would say its N/A due to hes been asking about T40's ;)