PDA

View Full Version : Tank Breather Hose

Nova_Tek
06-06-07, 08:17 PM
My tank breather has perished and is in 3 pieces. Must get the hose changed somehow coz the smell of fuel when the car is stationay is lethal :eek:

What is the internal diameter of the breather hose. I could have measured the bits that came off but I chucked em :tard: and whats left is very small and is on the upside of the tank so no way of measuring.

If anyone knows then I can go get a piece of fuel hose for cheap if not, its off to vaux to see if they know what the size is.

:thumb:

PS Nova 1.2 carb if that makes any difference

Nova_Tek
08-06-07, 11:03 PM
Ok update:

whats making the smell isnt the breather. I saw it in action today and its the supply and return fabric covered hoses rubber hoses that come out the tank and attach to the fuel pipes. The have perished quite bad and drip fuel when back from a drive.

Need to change them ASAP as it stinks.

anyone know internal diameter pleaaase?

many thanx :thumb:

Mike
08-06-07, 11:09 PM
IIRC its like 12mm or something

Nova_Tek
09-06-07, 01:01 AM
Serious?

the whole hose doesnt look like its 12mm diameter, doubt the internal is.

I've had a brainwave, gonna check the hose from the fule pipe to hose in the engine bay that sould be the exact same size as the ones on the tank side.

Thanx anyway :thumb:

Nova_Tek
10-06-07, 01:02 AM
OK I measured the internal diameter of the supply and return hoses in the engine bay which connect to the fuel pipes that run under the car.

The supply is ~8mm and the return is ~6mm. So tomoorrow I shall be gettin some hoses and trying them out.

Will post if they are the correct sizes for reference.

Donova
10-06-07, 11:25 PM
Bought some last year ?7.00:eek: for 1/2 a metre from vaux!