PDA

View Full Version : c20let bottom pulley

tony k
06-06-07, 08:13 PM
who else does these not paying them prices from regal or courtenay where else can i get them

valvercorsa
07-06-07, 03:39 PM
give 'vxlgsi' a shout on mig web he will sort you out with 1, i got 1 off him for my corsa turbo :thumb:

Philsutton
07-06-07, 07:59 PM
just get a standard twin one an machine the outer pully off.

tony k
07-06-07, 11:01 PM
give 'vxlgsi' a shout on mig web he will sort you out with 1, i got 1 off him for my corsa turbo :thumb:

cheers mate can i say that you said to contact him cheers mate

tony k
07-06-07, 11:03 PM
just get a standard twin one an machine the outer pully off.

phil i would mate but these can become un balanced want to get one thats been machined properly

bump
07-06-07, 11:49 PM
You'd be amazed at the engineering skill out there operating from tiny units. Well worth having a quick ask around.

Philsutton
07-06-07, 11:54 PM
been doing it for years an years an never had a problem, I wouldnt get to caught up in the idea that they have to be 100% balanced.

Dar
08-06-07, 01:31 PM
Just a small word of warning. You can take or leave this piece of advice. If you buy one of the after market pulleys that have no rubber in the pulley then the extra vibrations can make the standard oil pump gear shatter. You can buy a stronger one from SBD(and other places I expect) that will not shatter.

A good friend of mine had this happen and issued me with the above advice. It only took a few hundred rally miles for this to happen to his engine after fitting the solid pulley. Only after this happened to him did he actually find out about the problem from other sources.

Austin_Nova16
08-06-07, 02:31 PM
A very valid point Dar.
The bottom pulley is the crankshaft vibration damper.
Obviously if you have a well balanced engine, there is less chance of problems......