PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem!!!

luke langton
06-06-07, 06:28 PM
I have v6 set up on the front and standard drums on the rear, they used to work well! Until I rebuilt the front end and took off the callipers servo & master cylinder!
I refitted the brake set up and bled the system then took it out and tried to stop and had no brakes (I had to use the hand brake to slow me down)
I was also losing some brake fluid so I thought the master cylinder had gone, and all the fluid had gone in to the servo! But there was no fluid in there! So I guess there must have still been air in the system.
I went and bought a new master cylinder just in case, bled the brakes again and adjusted they rear drums and still there is not much braking power!
There is a lot of travel on the pedal and it only starts braking right at the bottom!
The only other thing I have changed is put braided hoses on the front callipers.
Any advise welcome!!

Welsh Dan
06-06-07, 06:33 PM
The rear rubber flexi lines will be stretching as 'all of the force' from you braking will be applied to the weakest point in the system, the flexi lines. Fit braided lines on the back and you should be OK.

pul16v
06-06-07, 06:38 PM
have you put the calipers on the rights sides ? if not the brake nipple will be at the bottom and you will never get the air out needs to be at the top only thing i can think of really

luke langton
06-06-07, 06:46 PM
yeah i thought i might have to change the rear hoses too! yeah they are on the right side cos the nipple is on the top!