PDA

View Full Version : 16vloom help ecu etc

Anonymous
26-02-02, 08:04 PM
just a quick q how easy is it to get hold of a calibra turbo complete loom ecu and intercooler as ive been told by the seller of the engine its easy but i hav my doubts or can i modifie a 2l 16v normaly aspirated loom?
thanks lads

Anonymous
26-02-02, 09:03 PM
make your own loom up. piece of wee :)

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
26-02-02, 09:37 PM
Intercooler will not be a problem, probably be able to get an aftermarket one for a small price.

As for the loom i remember read an artical about this very problem, i think, if i remember rigth, that a normal 16v loom can be modified, ie extra wire added and ecu plug changed..

As for ECU i know for a fact that the ECU is ?300 plus new from Vauxhall.. so look for that first..

Anonymous
26-02-02, 10:32 PM
keep a look out on the various vauxhall sites mates. Ther are often a few popping up

Anonymous
27-02-02, 09:16 AM
u having a laugh!!!! the turbo ecu loom is very different

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 06:08 PM
Sorry mate, i said "As for ECU i know for a fact that the ECU is ?300 plus new from Vauxhall.. " why i wrote ?300 is anyone guess, it is actually ?900 plus..

Try the autotrader website as it has a list of salvage companys with websites who do the hard work and look for the parts for you..

Good hunting

Anonymous
27-02-02, 08:13 PM
Try Vauxhall Performance Spares Centre at http://www.vpsc.co.uk/ they have both a cav and calibra turbo...