PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40's

Anonymous
23-02-02, 10:53 AM
Can you fit twin 40 weber carbs to a nova 1.2 F reg?
Also, is it possible to fit an auto choke to the same car?

Many Thanx.

Anonymous
23-02-02, 12:19 PM
Yes you can fit the twin 40's to your engine. To fit an auto choke you need an SR carb (Pierburg 2e) and some water piping, but dont bother coz theyre shit! Go for the twin 40's or get a Weber 32/34 DTML.

Ben :)

:D Twin 40's on the way :D

Anonymous
23-02-02, 02:07 PM
I would say tein 40's are a bit extreme for a 1.2 unless you have it tuned through the roof - ie cams exhaust flowed head big valves etc
Prob a 32/34 is your best option, dont knwo what maifold would be reqd?
Ben - if you are getting twin 40's will u be selling a 32/34?? I may be interested...

Anonymous
24-02-02, 09:44 AM
i sold my twin 40`s to a lad with a 1.2 lol

they might be a bit extreme (they were still jetted for a 1.6 i think) but i didnt care as i was after the ?150, lol

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
24-02-02, 12:01 PM
Micky your terrible, lol, a fool and his money are easy parted!

Anonymous
24-02-02, 04:10 PM
so my 1.2 with zorst system,piper fast road cam,gas flowed head(after valve bent)would be ok then!
I have a 89-G 1.3SR head with a Pierburg carb on it is that carb worth fitting in mean time, whilst waiting to find a set of twin 40's(where can I get a inlet for 1.2).

Also It cut's out alot till been running for five min's wot's wrong with it,just want to leave running out side for five mins to warm before drive off, but have to set gently reving it so dont stal! :-/

Anonymous
24-02-02, 09:50 PM
twin 4o's will be pushing to much fuel for a 1.2 ur best getting an sr lump and it will be faster than ur 1.2 with twin 40's

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

Anonymous
25-02-02, 01:21 AM
or 1.6 engine (can find em well cheap thses days), and put some carbs on that.

Anonymous
25-02-02, 08:11 AM
Twin 40's will go on a 1.2 lump, and will probably work quite well. The head is a very good design (even better if you get it moddified by Bill Blydenstein), and combined with the free flow and tunability of 40's you should have a good package. As for too much fuel, thats not true, you can downsize the appropriate jets and chokes to suit. For the correct sizes, mail me and I'll calculate it all for you. To get the best, its worthwhile changing your cam at the same time, and fitting a decent exhaust manifold and system. You still wont have a rocket, but it will quicker than any standard SR/SRi if you do it right, and combine it with a decent weight loss package. It'll be different and will comand a little more respect and interest than your average carbed engine.

Anonymous
27-02-02, 03:46 PM
Cool I have the piper fast road cam/a magnex s/s system so caculate away could you send me your e-mail address as get access short cut at UNI(it's poo)
thanks loads

ED

EDsonynovasr@hotmail.com