PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Kinky Monza
05-06-07, 08:54 PM
Someone i know owns an Astra VXR, and his clutch has gone completely, but Reg Vardy have said the clutch is only covered for 3000 miles, that true???

Stuart
05-06-07, 08:56 PM
more than likely... a clutch is a wearable part just like the brakes, therefore dont tend to be covered for long

BMW have gearbox logs that tell them how hard its been used to effect warranty on the clutch and box, its that "bad" lol

Kinky Monza
05-06-07, 08:59 PM
Ok, cool! cheers honey!

John
05-06-07, 09:03 PM
Yep quite possibly, i work for a main agent, and you'd be surprised by some of the items that aren't covered by the manufacturers warranty. Some items drop out after the first month/year, or are dependant on mileage. So beware, not everything is covered by the 60k 3 yr waranty.
However, try asking another main agent the same question and see what answer you get. if not speak to vauxhall customer services dept and say you've posted how crap the clutch is in you 3k vxr all over the internet and then see what they do! i reckon a little moan will get it covered!

Stuart
05-06-07, 09:40 PM
also see if others have had a 3K clutch issue and see if vauxhall have it as a rework issue (they dont do recalls unless thier buttocks depend on it... even the vx braking system isnt a recall ffs)

Kinky Monza
05-06-07, 10:03 PM
The guys car in question has a stage 3 remap and has done 29k!

How would he stand with that?

Stuart
05-06-07, 10:11 PM
he wouldnt...... unless he can blag to some stupid twunt in the dealer that its a std engine lol

Dan 130
05-06-07, 10:16 PM
if they find out then no warranty but if they dont know im sure they wont find out

John
05-06-07, 10:24 PM
(they dont do recalls unless thier buttocks depend on it... even the vx braking system isnt a recall ffs)

Lmao!!

We've been having massive issues with vauxhall over the corsa c abs recall.

if the engine has been visually modded then the warranty will be void, but if it's only been remapped then how are they gonna tell? they can't test drive it with a fecked clutch Lol!

Ps there's no clutch issue with the vxr afaik, the clutch issues are 1.6/8 models only.

Stuart
05-06-07, 10:57 PM
if you werent so far away id have my vx there for you to do all the reworks that my local dealer wouldnt inspect for (even with me offering to pay the labour to check the fcuking thing... i know it needs new rear wheels due to no HT stamp at the very least)

At a push they might be able to tell if the cal in the ecu has been touched (i know we can with the ford 2.2/2.4 TD engines)