PDA

View Full Version : rear disc conversion......

Anonymous
25-02-02, 11:59 AM
what do people think of the pvd rear disc conversion.....is it any good? or can u get better?

Anonymous
25-02-02, 02:35 PM
U can certainly get cheaper!

Look at the guides link on the homepage.

Anonymous
25-02-02, 07:34 PM
not worth it on front wheel drive cars they make up 10% of the total breaking force dont bother unless its just for show

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

Anonymous
25-02-02, 09:30 PM
thought it was 30%back and 70% front (why would they put rear disks on cars such as Astra Gte 16v, Cav Gsi etc.....etc??).

You have to use the rear disks with the ATe front calipers or better.

An

Anonymous
26-02-02, 01:08 PM
i speak for myself but i say that my car braked horrible with just the 256 brakes on the front, the front end dived about all over the place and was unsafe

with the rear discs i found the back end was pulled down level and it made it much safer

dont listen to people that havent done the mod, listen to the people that have

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
26-02-02, 07:46 PM
in the process of making mine :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 09:20 AM
i've got 256 on the front and all new corsa b drums/shoes/springs on the back and it's ok.... micky i'd say ur rear drums were shafted

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 12:35 PM
I've driven with both in anger on track, and I'd say there is no difference in overall performance except I nearly had an arse overtaking front moment braking in a straight line hard with the rear disc equiped car. More important is to have good front brakes and the best possible suspension to cope with weight transfers back to front, preferably adjustables. Bigger cars such as Cav GSi's def need em coz they weigh twice as much as a Nova and require more braking force overall. My Cav Gsi was noticably better when I replaced the back shagged pads with new ones.