PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Swap/p.x my SuperTouring Vec!!

MOL
04-06-07, 09:07 PM
Hi, before I say anything about me or the car, I'd like to say Im looking for a 2l 16v redtop nova - Nothing Else! So without trying to sound rude please dont message me if you have anything else - Thanks :)

over the last couple of years Ive owned a few different nova's and early this year I decided It was time for a change, So i went out and bought myself a nice tidy looking SuperTouring V6...
Well that need for a change didnt last long lol

I bought the vectra for ?2000 and since then Ive spent just over ?900 on it (with reciepts to prove this).
Obviously Im not expecting every penny back so im not going to be asking for a nova worth 3k!! But I am hoping to find a nova in really really mint condition.

The vectra is a 2.5 V6 1997 limited edition SuperTouring Saloon Number- 251, with only 76,000 miles on the clock.

Includes a large amount of service history and 5months tax and I think 5months mot (I'd have to check this).

The car hasnt missed a beat since Ive owned it and does look really well in my opinion.
Since buying it Ive fitted -
irmscher letterbox style backbox,
Remus centre section,
De-cat with downpipes and flexi's.
K&n induction kit with heat shield
Facelift skirts (yet to be fitted - silver so need spraying first).
2 tyres
Serviced inc new plugs
Ive also had some bodywork done - The wheels which were in a bad way have now been refurbed and sprayed, and now look like new again. And the back bumper has been resprayed with an st200/gsi rear splitter fitted to it.

If I had to put a price on the car I'd say about ?2500 ovno.
Its a good strong reliable car with a fair bit of power and with it being an ST looks 100times better than your average Vectra.

Ive also got a private plate on the car so I'd need to remove that first too before letting the car go. I think its about a week to sort isnt it? (ive never had to put one back on retention before so im not sure myself).

Anyway I think ive included everything so let me know if you've got anything that fits the bill ;) :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/molsaxo/cars/vec1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/molsaxo/cars/vec4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/molsaxo/cars/vec2.jpg

kevster
05-06-07, 09:53 AM
this is what im after i think there so nice , good luck mate

MOL
06-06-07, 12:15 AM
Cheers mate, they are nice motors to be fair...

Ive got a lad now who's interested in buying the car. Ive just applied for some retention forms from swansea for my plate.
Any idea how long this takes to complete before I can let the car go?
Im hoping the forms should be here by friday morning, and then I can fill them out and take them to my local dvla office in chester.
Then is it all done and dusted I can put the original plates back on friday afternoon?
Or do I have to wait even longer after that? :confused:

kevster
06-06-07, 10:05 AM
if the car dont sell let me know please mol thanks kev

chris-gsi
06-06-07, 11:19 AM
getting rid of a rare car for a comon nova? dont do it fella you could build ure own 2ltr nova for around ?1500

MOL
06-06-07, 02:52 PM
ok Kev no worries mate

Chris - I'm a nova lad through and through, Ive pretty much always had nova's.
Ye the vectra is really nice and is a rare model but its not for me. I also can't afford to keep 2 cars and don't have the room to keep 2 cars even if i had the money.
So for me its either the vec or a nova... and whateva car you put a mint clean nova up against. I think I'd probably choose the nova time and time again.

kevster
06-06-07, 04:13 PM
ok thanks mate can you pm what you would take for her

MOL
06-06-07, 04:24 PM
Pm sent mate :thumb: