PDA

View Full Version : Tie rod collets for TAS rose jointed brackets?

beef@novadose.net
04-06-07, 08:43 PM
I've dug out some old TAS tie rod brackets for Project Saloon 2, but I've lost the collets / rings (as seen in the pic below). Any one know the spec or where I can get them, or the correct name? :) Also why are there 4 supplied with the pictured kit? I can only remember 1 on the end of each tie bar lol.

http://my.frooition.com/070084/images/NTRLK.jpg

Chris Astley
04-06-07, 11:07 PM
The above picture is of the kit which i produce. The reason you get 4 spacers is beacuse 1 goes on the tie rod before the bearing and one after. The 2 are different sizes which allow you to alter the castor slightly.

Im sure i can supply a set of these mate.

Chris

Stuart
05-06-07, 08:50 AM
or trim down the rearward spacer to get even more adjustment.

just get some silver steel tube (or bar) and get it machined... not too hard to do.

Novasport
05-06-07, 01:48 PM
The bearings in the TAS mounts have a larger centre bore than the diameter of the tie bar. You would need a stepped spacer machined up so part of it makes up the diameter.

beef@novadose.net
05-06-07, 10:35 PM
Cheers guys!

Stuart
05-06-07, 10:51 PM
not all the TAS bearings were too big..... it was kinda luck of the draw in our experience of fitting them... V random

beef@novadose.net
10-01-08, 06:41 PM
Sorry to drag this up again, only now getting around to this part of the build :)

We're going to machine our own collets to fit our bearings, as Dicky's got a lathe in work, so the question now is what size?

We'll be running eccesntric top mounts, and have decided to start with the Tarmac geometry settings from the build manual (4 degrees +ve caster), and tweak from there, but how do you measure this accurately, and what size collets would be required to achieve this?