PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v

ashjones
04-06-07, 08:01 PM
im puttin 1.6 16v in my nova n want to know how hard it is to wire it into origonal loom or would it be easier to put the full corsa loom in n swap n chance the plugs for lights etc etc? any help would be appreciated cheers.:)

Adam
04-06-07, 08:04 PM
Keep nova car loom.
Corsa ecu loom.

ashjones
04-06-07, 08:07 PM
cheers ive got gsi 8v at the mo does it plug straight in or does it need choppin ive heard its a nightmare to do hope it aint

Adam
04-06-07, 08:16 PM
Needs cutting and soldering. I'll find out exactly how hard it is to do this week lol

ashjones
04-06-07, 08:18 PM
cheers mate appreciate it nice one

Chris Astley
04-06-07, 11:08 PM
Will be easy as long as your 1.6 16v is a c16xe.

Chris

feel the force
04-06-07, 11:19 PM
Will be easy as long as your 1.6 16v is a c16xe.

Chris

sorry to hijac the post but i have also just bought a 93 l reg 1.6 16v corsa gsi after seeing all the conversions at the pv i felt this was the best engine to use light and pritty revvy.i think its a pre eco tec so will i still need to fit all the ignition barrel as i have been told i may have to do or will i get away with wiring it up like the big red tops ive never done one as of yet so be gentle:) :)

Adam
05-06-07, 11:07 AM
C16xe is still an ecotec, just not as emissions "friendly" as the later x16xe.

You wont need the immobiliser pickup etc from around the ignition barrel as it wont have that.

Whilst the engines out you may want to check/change the stem seals, as they tend to wear badly on these engines.
Also, if you can still drive the car check you get no blue smoke under acceleration(as the early engines had undersized pistons) which gm recalled.

feel the force
05-06-07, 03:35 PM
C16xe is still an ecotec, just not as emissions "friendly" as the later x16xe.

You wont need the immobiliser pickup etc from around the ignition barrel as it wont have that.

Whilst the engines out you may want to check/change the stem seals, as they tend to wear badly on these engines.
Also, if you can still drive the car check you get no blue smoke under acceleration(as the early engines had undersized pistons) which gm recalled.
i have drove the car round to check for smoke etc and its clean it just black smoked a little as its been stood around 6 months in a garage as it had a backend shunt but this cleared quickley.i was also supprised when it fired first go with no tappet rattle.am i correct in thinking this is the 109bhp engine how tuneable are the engines but retaining reliability it is allready chipped and have a KnN.

Adam
05-06-07, 08:45 PM
There very tunable.

feel the force
07-06-07, 06:14 PM
There very tunable.
what would your firsts mods be then

Adam
07-06-07, 06:16 PM
Replace the standard inlet.

Depends how much you have to spend, throttle bodies can see a 40/50bhp gain.

raymond
07-06-07, 06:26 PM
i found these were naff in a nova at standard power

i had a nova gte 8v with a cam in it and i pasted a 1600 16v in a nova

but they sound awesome and with few tuning mods will probably shift

Adam
07-06-07, 06:42 PM
A 8v motor does pickup a lot better, 16v more suited to top end

feel the force
13-06-07, 05:23 PM
what can you do to the inlet without spending loads of cash the heads gone away for porting.polishing,skiming and some new valve seats seals etc as when reved hard the engine produced a little blue smoke at around 4k revs but it was not continunes the engine is chipped and does have a KnN ive been told cams and the crank are hard as fook and dont need chainging in the baby xe i thort a 4 branch a fse fule regulator the engine should be around 120bhp possibly that on a 1.5td gearbox shoul pull pritty well i hope