PDA

View Full Version : CAT

Anonymous
24-02-02, 09:42 PM
I been thinking of geting a performance exhaust for a while and i wont to get rid of the cat but should i bother. as i dont know if it will make any diffrence in performance has anyone had this done and wot sort of performance did they notice

my cars an SRI

thanx

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

Anonymous
24-02-02, 10:16 PM
Get rid of it!! you are for sure lossing power about 10bhp with the cat remember not to throw it away as u will need it for the MOT depending on the year..

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
25-02-02, 10:56 AM
Up to and including 1992 u dont require the CAT for the MOT, 1993 and after you will fail MOT if it lacks it. A crypton tuner told me some of the bigger engined fiestas gain 15% !! bhp after removing the CAT. Dont know what it is for Novas but ive heard in the past its more like 5% at the wheels ;)

Anonymous
26-02-02, 02:01 PM
Get rid of it. Mine is so much better than one with a CAT. My SRi is a 1993 and it just passed its MOT without a CAT. Ste put it best "its a nova who ever thinks that it will need a CAT" on my MOT where it says estimated year of 1st use he just put 1992. So i would think that unless hes a Nova God they will just think its a 92.

Don't believe anything i say!!!!!

Anonymous
26-02-02, 02:34 PM
mines a '93 and passed fine with no cat

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
26-02-02, 11:12 PM
they go by the engine number when MOTing, as to weather or not u need a cat...

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 09:15 AM
lmao g reg 2.0 16v astra engine number
:D

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D