PDA

View Full Version : How did you find Novaload?

kevw
04-06-07, 02:30 PM
I am interested to see how everyone found their way onto the site?

Is it Google, spotting stickers? etc

Kev.

wisewood
04-06-07, 02:32 PM
I bought a grey mk1 SR interior from Paul Jackson - travelled to the back end of Leeds to fetch it in my 1987 Jamaica Yellow 1.2 Merit (RiP).

He asked me if i saw it advertised on Novaload - i said no, he said look it up. I did.

Stuart
04-06-07, 02:33 PM
did google exist when you started the site?

i think i found it via the yahoo usergroup wayyyyyy back in 1999

draper
i found it from the old (it may still be going) list of 100 best vauxhall sites, think i got the link for that from the just novas website. i blame th egallery as i was going to buy a sensible car and not bother with all this modding malarky - i blame you, all of you !!

as compensation i expect free membership :D

Mike
fook me! Erm, 3 years ago....

I used to skive time at school and go on it then, so id imagine id heard it from one of the lads at school or something maybe?

Lee
04-06-07, 02:34 PM
Scott Parker of all people.

Its all his fault!

Jack
04-06-07, 02:41 PM
I think I came in from a link on the Nova Owners mail list.

coochiSR
04-06-07, 02:41 PM
My brother............who thinks he found it of Google 4ish years ago ;)

NovaLad
04-06-07, 02:42 PM
Found it through google.com

Mike
04-06-07, 02:43 PM
actually it may have been topbuzz where i found it tbh

Rick Draper
04-06-07, 02:43 PM
I was searching for a star called nikki nova and ended up finding novaload instead lmao.

Dave.
04-06-07, 02:44 PM
i found it in total vauxhall mag

Ste L
04-06-07, 02:50 PM
find it on alta vista search engine, year and years and years ago...

back when i was 17/18 about 8 years ago..
didn't really post then, just used to look at the features and read some of the forum..

been registered under a few name, when i've had internet, then lost it for a while, and forgot passwords to old accounts etc etc

J4MES
04-06-07, 03:01 PM
i found it through topbuzz aswell i think, i remember being on it at school and not being able to register, and i didnt have t'internet at home, so just used to read it every day...never looked back since...

Aamir
04-06-07, 03:06 PM
This topic should be a poll

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:12 PM
poll threads are for people who can't be ar$ed with conversation. lazy mofo.

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 03:12 PM
Jesus! this means i have to think lol

I got the Nova bug when i bought my first one, back in 2002/3? registered as Kinky Nova, but how i found this site, bloody hell i must be getting old cos i can't remember lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:14 PM
Must've been pre 2003 when you were here at first kn. You went to the MK meet when we didnt talk to each other and that was when i was in my mates saab, before i drove up to wrexham ... would have been december 2002 i believe.

Gunzi
04-06-07, 03:15 PM
IIRC I found novatrader, then topbuzz, then when I had my 2nd Nova I found Novaload. This was many years ago though....

raymond
04-06-07, 03:15 PM
i so it on someones signature on another site i was on

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:16 PM
i know novatrader and novaload used to be seperate, but surely there was a link between them? lol

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 03:18 PM
Must've been pre 2003 when you were here at first kn. You went to the MK meet when we didnt talk to each other and that was when i was in my mates saab, before i drove up to wrexham ... would have been december 2002 i believe.

Oh my god! that makes me sound old, but you even older :p

I remember that Saab lol trying to keep up in a 1.2 to the motorway :eek:

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:22 PM
haha yeah - it was f*cked but it wasn't that f*cked.

At about 3am when i was finally heading down the M62 on my way home from that day out a white Nova GTE went past me while i was doing circa 115 ... so i gave him a go. I left him well behind by the time i hit 135 lol

VERY nearly ran out of fuel before i got the car to my mates driveway though as a result. Didnt have cash to fill up - so just dropped it off with an empty tank and took my car home :thumb:

draper
04-06-07, 03:23 PM
i hope that was a private road wisewood, doing them speeds on the motorway is silly :p

Dave.
04-06-07, 03:23 PM

At about 3am when i was finally heading down the M62 on my way home from that day out a white Nova GTE went past me while i was doing circa 115 ... so i gave him a go. I left him well behind by the time i hit 135 lol

VERY nearly ran out of fuel before i got the car to my mates driveway though as a result. Didnt have cash to fill up - so just dropped it off with an empty tank and took my car home :thumb:

m62 is a good place to race lol.. especially the junction neear me.. as its got like a double sliproad so all the boy racers just floor it lol

Kickingriffin
04-06-07, 03:24 PM
Well i just registered with PNG about 7 years ago, which then changed to PVG then got bored about 3 weeks ago as no one is on there anymore then found NL on Google i think, but now im guessing effectively i havent moved forums??? Just that i will have to start paying full membership again which is souns as it was good getting membership stuff etc.

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:26 PM
m62 is a good place to race lol.. especially the junction neear me.. as its got like a double sliproad so all the boy racers just floor it lol

widnes m62 junction - up towards Rainhill? eastbound or westbound?
I prefer the eastbound myself lol

andybishop
04-06-07, 03:27 PM
I found Novaload back in January 1970 while somehow..... <----- Join Date...

Only joking, can't remember exactly how i found Novaload, will be something do with Topbuzz, nova owners or something like that.. Can't rememeber i'm getting old and forgetful now.

Oh actually, just thought, i set up www.novalution.co.uk (http://www.novalution.co.uk) at around the same time and exchanged links with Kev as far as i know...

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:27 PM
but now im guessing effectively i havent moved forums??? Just that i will have to start paying full membership again which is souns as it was good getting membership stuff etc.

You're still on novaload - its just that PNG has been restarted with the novaload membership as a basis for it. Nothing at all to do with the old PNG/PVG (aside from lee being involved with pvg).

Kickingriffin
04-06-07, 03:30 PM
Im not bothered which it is....as long as i can be a member...hee hee.... :o)

Mike
04-06-07, 03:31 PM
fook me! novaloution! not been on there in years! lol

andybishop
04-06-07, 03:47 PM
fook me! novaloution! not been on there in years! lol
Me neither... lol, not updated it for quite a while..

Jim
04-06-07, 03:48 PM
John Hilton pointed me in the direction of the site around 1999 I think.

tom_beverley
04-06-07, 03:58 PM
I think I found it through a list of 100 top sites, maybe a search engine :confused:

Was way back in 2002 and I just remember skiving at college and dreaming of owning a Nova as good as some of the features.

draper
04-06-07, 03:59 PM
I think I found it through a list of 100 top sites, maybe a search engine :confused:

Was way back in 2002 and I just remember skiving at college and dreaming of owning a Nova as good as some of the features.

i still do lol

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 03:59 PM

I know i had trouble keeping up lol

vaughanmc
04-06-07, 04:14 PM
I used to go on the features section every day to see if there was any updates in the Nova Sport section -- Then found out there was a forum and registered sometime last year...

Aamir
04-06-07, 04:32 PM
poll threads are for people who can't be ar$ed with conversation. lazy mofo.

So are smilies http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2403/foffwp4.gif lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:36 PM
Smilies are a built in feature to automatically replace text with an image.

Using a poll instead of having a conversation is just lazy, and kills the whole essence of the forums. Also - topbuzz etc have come up as a very popular reply, but not something that kev initially thought of as an option :wisewood:

JSeymour
04-06-07, 04:36 PM
so the stickers dont work! Lol

i found the feature pages then joined when i wanted to comment on them. cabt rerember how, search engine i guess.

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:38 PM
it depends - if the stickers say www.novalaod.net (http://www.novalaod.net) then they wont work, but if they say www.novaload.net (http://www.novaload.net) they will work - because they still bring you to the right place. FFS.

nova ian
04-06-07, 04:49 PM
I found it back in 2002 when I first got my nova. I got to it via a nova site that had how to guides on it. I cant for the life of me remember the name of it, but if someone can I would like to be reminded!

Anyway after looking at how to chav up my nova I found a link to here and was then hooked, used to trawl the features section for hours getting ideas, then about 2 years later I actually found out what this forum malarky was all about and joined up!

only really started posting regular last year, and as a result made a few good mates, and attended a couple of the meets.

Hopefully in the near future I will be able to meet some more of you and get to some more meets, and when the projects done, some track day action too!!

Ian

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:50 PM
The site you're talking about sounds like Topbuzz.

JSeymour
04-06-07, 04:52 PM
it depends - if the stickers say www.novalaod.net (http://www.novalaod.net) then they wont work, but if they say www.novaload.net (http://www.novaload.net) they will work - because they still bring you to the right place. FFS.

er, youve got the wrong end of the stick. read it again ;)

no-ones said they found the site through seeing stickers in the windo#ws hence my comment.

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:54 PM
:D Sarcasm is lost on you.

I had a couple of people ask me what novaload.net was when i had a sticker on the back window of my old clio - but never seen anyone turn up saying they saw a nova with a sticker and thought they'd pop over and look.

JSeymour
04-06-07, 04:57 PM
:D Sarcasm is lost on you.

I had a couple of people ask me what novaload.net was when i had a sticker on the back window of my old clio - but never seen anyone turn up saying they saw a nova with a sticker and thought they'd pop over and look.

clearly, the FFS bit threw me of a bit!

goldengraham
04-06-07, 04:59 PM
found it on google,

i got my nova in january, then about a week of having it i started searchin nova's on google and novaload popped up, so i signed up :D

shaun1990
04-06-07, 05:06 PM
johnny_turbo told me about the site and as i got ma nova other day i signed up :)

srs1
04-06-07, 05:07 PM
i was walking down the road one day and i tripped over something.
that was when i discovered that my wallet was empty.
after further investigation, i realised i had found novaload and my account being consistently empty ran hand in hand.

i now dont use the site as much and thus can afford to buy a house.

its all your fault KEV!

dan16v
04-06-07, 05:12 PM
i found it back in 1999 at college we used to be able to use the pc's/ internet at lunch times! think i just used some old search engine looking for novas!

Ben
04-06-07, 05:17 PM
I found it through Novatrader which Coline Smith sent me from www.Novarally.co.uk (http://www.Novarally.co.uk).

johnny_turbo
04-06-07, 05:20 PM
i found it through google searchin for a nova forum

mayhem
04-06-07, 05:33 PM
i found it through the dutch opel-forum, there was a link to a thread here. something about a nova LET iirc.

peester
04-06-07, 05:48 PM
yahoo... it spits up threads posted on here if u type in nova related things, onto yahoo or similar, (im guessing..) at the time i think i was researching about velos the oldskool valver tuner,.. linked me to good advice.
Anywho back then (2002ish) i found it a bit messy-lookin, novaload (didnt quite understand these live-feed-forums) so didn't join or use it, but kept getting links back to it as i needed to know more..
Joined up, been on it since. Couldn't get away, see..

Novadex
04-06-07, 05:54 PM
google iirc

Christ
04-06-07, 05:59 PM
back of Total vaux I think

kevster
04-06-07, 06:00 PM
some one at pvs told me

Ian_Gsi16v
04-06-07, 06:02 PM
Got my first nova in 1999 just before I passed my test, not sure how I found novaload, proberly a search engine, alta-vista was pretty popular in the pre-google days lol

sport
04-06-07, 06:03 PM
Friends way back in 2000, then browsing it for the last 3 years.

BigStan
04-06-07, 06:26 PM
Was some writing in the bottom of a pic Ben used to sell his old red Nova on ebay, which i bought, typed it in to see what it was all about and here i am !

krobinson
04-06-07, 06:35 PM
Found it back in 1999 when I had just finished school for the summer. Bought my first nova in 2000, and then i signed up to the forum around 2001. Think i originally found it on yahoo!

Keith

womble sri
04-06-07, 07:18 PM
i started reading posts and looking at features when i first bought a nova (2004) but i didnt register untill i had erm... stuffed my first one into a field and wanted it to be in the features! and 3 years and four novas later hear i am!!!!!!!!!!

dave.gsi
04-06-07, 09:34 PM
saw a nice blue nova down the road from me with stickers in the window (ian s)

was driving a black sr at the time so thought id check it out......4 novas later,im still here,even though now im novaless (for now :D )

Driver
04-06-07, 09:49 PM
saw a sticker in back window of a red sr on ebay

read for about 3 year then bough a nova van and signed up 1 more nova later and 5 month here i am lol

im still a nooB compared to most

feel the force
04-06-07, 11:24 PM
i found the light when i was lookin for pics of sports:) how i used to dream of having one:roll: non the less i dont have one but in 1 year of driving ive had a mk1 1.2 2xgsi and my present almost mint mk2 project

novabex
04-06-07, 11:48 PM
I dont actually remember... it was a long time ago now! lol

Geth
04-06-07, 11:52 PM
I found NL when I spotted a 32/34 carb on ebay (which is now sitting under the bonnet of Lee's SR). I wanted to find out a bit more info about the carb before purchasing so googled it with the word Nova attached and stumbled across the features section. IIRC That was shortly before the last revamp of the site.

wisewood
05-06-07, 08:32 AM
i hope that was a private road wisewood, doing them speeds on the motorway is silly :p

might as well have been private, it must've been getting on for 4:30 at that point. I made it back to mates' in sheffield at about 5:30am.

I was the only one on the road most of the way home, a few lorries aside. I did go blinding past a police car that was coming down the sliproad too, but figured i might as well just keep it planted and hope he didnt follow me lol

Jim
05-06-07, 09:27 AM
Found it back in 1999 when I had just finished school for the summer. Bought my first nova in 2000, and then i signed up to the forum around 2001. Think i originally found it on yahoo!

Keith
You finished school in 99? That must make you about 23/24...Fook, you only look about 12, lol ;) Thats how you get your minters, you use your young boyish looks to con old ladies, lol.

hendrix
05-06-07, 09:41 AM
can't actually remember how I found it but it was deffinately not from Google. Maybe have been from nova-land?:confused:
Been viewing forum since 2002 when I got my first Nova

Matt2107
05-06-07, 09:46 AM
Through Yahoo while searching for body kits I think.

dhdev (Oli)
05-06-07, 05:54 PM
Well just thought I'd let you know that you all missed out on a fun day. Mr Storey & I were giving large more ways than 1. Ian was using his special smoke screen mod (no oil catch tank) to confuse the other cars in his group and I was using my special oil applicator onto my left hand front brake mod which gave everyone behind me the distinct impression that i was about to lose it big time ( had it covered of course *cough* :oops: ) I had to stop and re- route my oil breather

There was almost every conceivable sort of Nova there and all having a great time. It was divided up into engine sizes so everyone could have a good old tussle with similar cars. There were about 30 cars there in all. Brett Warburton was there and his car goes as well as it looks. Big respect to him for giving it a right good thrashing and managing to get it to spin :D. Ian was the fastest 2.0l in the session I went out with him in and there was a nice TB'd 1.6 16v Nova belonging to a guy called Olly which was right in amongst the best of the 2.0l. Most of the standard Novas were giving good value for money with a Nova Sport right on the pace as well. There was a bit of a scruffy looking 1.4 on Twin 40's that was leading its class and sounding great

There's like to be more of these in the future so try to come along as they are the best fun and Novas are brilliant track day cars even in fairly standard form cos they handle so well.

ps there are some piccys on MIG if you are interested
Think that was my first discovery of Novaload, was searching for pics of my car after the PNG day at Brunters :cool:
Even back then I was harrassing the bigblocks :D

Ash
05-06-07, 06:03 PM
i started one of these threads a while ago. Anyway, it was ben gunn's (novaben) window sticker on his gold 5 door.

RJM25R
05-06-07, 06:26 PM
Met Ian Storey at Max Power 2000 or 2001 (when it was a good show!) and he told me to log on. He said that my smooth lingo and great attitude would charm everyone...

Oh, hang on... He didn't say that, he said I'm a northern gob$hite who'd ruffle a few feathers with these southern shandy drinking poofs. You know who you are!

RJM25R
05-06-07, 06:27 PM
Think that was my first discovery of Novaload, was searching for pics of my car after the PNG day at Brunters :cool:

Would love some pics from the nova's vs corsa day (i assume thats what you are on about?) for my Old Skool thread....

Have you got any?

MyNovaSr
05-06-07, 08:36 PM
word of gob

Rexy
05-06-07, 09:25 PM
I think Ian storey/ste sander/ste proctor threw Cruise Northwest IIRC or was i the big cheese in the sky... really cannot remeber but ian storeys xe at the time made me want an xe nova for years... back when i had a **** box blue nova with half the door in filler OUhhhh yeah...

Oh and Yes i am a proven fact that a 1.2 can beat a 2.0l Carpark racing at its finest :)

sh0rty
05-06-07, 10:24 PM
well hello :P long time me no post !

I found it courteousy of Mr Kev himself, used to come on here loads just to chat seens as I drove a Pug, now a Clio. Thought Id pop back and say hello to everyone, now that the other half has been working and chatting about it lots lately.

Hows everyone? Stu, Fester, Rexy, and few other I met at karting etc. Dave? Jim? the brummy guy, Chris16v? uhm and the rest :D

Rexy
05-06-07, 10:29 PM
waves at sammeh... now get back in the kitchen and make me a brew... and tell kev to get me some PIE!

CP
05-06-07, 10:32 PM

Feel the force Luke. My work here is done lol.

Can't believe any of the total drivel I've posted on here for so many years has actually had a positive effect on someone!!:eek: lol

Happy Days:D - that was a great day out!

I found the site searching alta vista when my son wanted a Nova for his birthday aroundabout 1999 and one thing inevitably lead to another and we started modding it up. I used to lurk in the Tech section cos I didn't dare play with the big boys in the main forums - I might have caught one of them there 'pooter viruses:roll: lol

My son flogged the Nova to me to go to uni and piss it up the wall. I got to know a few of the old school off here and ended up meeting them. I think my first meet was at MK with Jim, MC et al pre-Willen Lake days when Ian Storey and the northerners came down and gave me taste of valver power:thumb:

NL always had, as it does today, something going on and you would always bump into peeps off the site whether it was at Donny race course, S.Pod, MK or Southend. The biggest thing for me has been the friendships that have developed from it and the absolutely brilliant fun I've had in mine and other peoples Novas.

Dave
05-06-07, 11:09 PM
think i found it from the old novatrader all them years ago,
watched the forums for a bit then signed up as 'white-nova' then bullied kev into deleting his dads user name an became 'Dave' lol

that wa in the days that novaload chat was used every night lol

wisewood
06-06-07, 08:13 AM
ahhh good old novaload IRC. Shame that died off.

Gaz1300SR
06-06-07, 08:23 AM
I used Migweb quite a lot and heard about it via there! :)

Breeny
06-06-07, 05:11 PM
I havn't got a clue tbh... lol

Jim
06-06-07, 10:09 PM
I havn't got a clue tbh... lol
We know, but where did you hear about NL?

I remember those IRC days, well nights. Pissed as a fart chatting rubbish to MC's girlfriend at the time, lol.

Mike.
06-06-07, 10:13 PM
i found novaload through google, nearly 3 years ago now:eek:

Jack
06-06-07, 10:21 PM
With talk of IRC, its worth noting that gabbly is a chat app that can sit ontop of whichever site you're using

Link for Novaload is here (http://www.gabbly.com/www.pngclub.com/forum/)

Ian
06-06-07, 10:40 PM
We know, but where did you hear about NL?

I remember those IRC days, well nights. Pissed as a fart chatting rubbish to MC's girlfriend at the time, lol.
i remember southerners who couldnt take the banter and used to leave in a nark