PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Admin

Geth
04-06-07, 10:59 AM
As no one has said it yet I would just like to say a big well done to the Admin for Making Novaload/PNG a club. I know bottlethrody has been really excited about this for some time and a lot of work has been on going on behind the scenes to make this happen.

Lets hope that the PNG members can fly the flag high and proud as we enter the Nova's 25th year.

Kickingriffin
04-06-07, 11:01 AM
Fully agree with the above,GOOD WORK!!!!! Should be exciting!!

wisewood
04-06-07, 11:02 AM
Lets hope that the PNG members can fly the flag high and proud as we enter the Nova's 25th year.

Agreed. :thumb:

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 11:11 AM
Agreed. :thumb:

What he said!!! :thumb:

Jack
04-06-07, 11:17 AM
As said, its great to get a proper Nova club going again - PVS was littered with Novas which shows they're still going strong, yet seemed to be the only model that didn't have a dedicated club.

Will mean best behaviour for PVS08 though...

Dave.
04-06-07, 11:18 AM
agreed :thumb:

Geth
04-06-07, 11:23 AM

Best ban Draper from coming then lol

draper
04-06-07, 11:25 AM
Best ban Draper from coming then lol

:eek:

novabex
04-06-07, 11:25 AM
Best behaviour? Us lot? We are nova hooligans... lol

kevw
04-06-07, 11:28 AM
Cheers chaps.

There is plenty more to come, we are 100% behind this and I know all our members will be too.

Kev.

Lee
04-06-07, 11:34 AM
LMAO @ 'Oh my god, Kev actually does exist' messages Im getting. lol

A special thanks to Kev, as he worked his nads off last night to sort everything out. Im glad that everyone feels it a good progression!

nova---chris
04-06-07, 11:36 AM
LMAO @ 'Oh my god, Kev actually does exist' messages Im getting. lol

A special thanks to Kev, as he worked his nads off last night to sort everything out. Im glad that everyone feels it a good progression!

Hes a figment of our imagination! Dont be stupid he exsists. its a bod! lol

Nice work mate. very well done to all!

Adam
04-06-07, 11:40 AM
Good move.

So in theory, NL doesn't exist, well the site links to here, but thats all, its now png, which is not a bad thing. PNG sounds a lot more "professional" imo Lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 11:41 AM
i love that kev invented the site and has less posts than everyone. makes him mysterious lol

Lee
04-06-07, 11:42 AM
No, NL still exists. Technically we're Novaload Forum and PNG club. Its more of a merger than a replacement.

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 11:48 AM
2 clubs in one lol

SRlew
04-06-07, 11:49 AM
No, NL still exists. Technically we're Novaload Forum and PNG club. Its more of a merger than a replacement.

that'll clear alot of peoples queries lol

lmao at the draper comment lol

and yeh its a good move!

coochiSR
04-06-07, 11:51 AM
Good move ;)

kevw
04-06-07, 11:54 AM
Hes a figment of our imagination! Dont be stupid he exsists. its a bod! lol

Nice work mate. very well done to all!

It was good when the site was hosted on a server under my bed when I lived at my mum's lol, now that's mysterious! Who needs a heater in the winter lol

Mike
04-06-07, 11:56 AM

On a seroius note yes, and Draper no more telling people we were from the VVOC lol lol lol

But yes, well done Admin. Roll on 2008 :D

andybishop
04-06-07, 12:04 PM
This is excellent news!!! Really would be good to get back the atmosphere of the PNG days of old. Any plans for a National Day?!?! This year is going a good year for Nova's with so many being finished and back on the road!

Lee
04-06-07, 12:07 PM
Yep, an annual Nat day was one of the first things we discussed. Once we have the club structure sorted, we can start on sorting something out.

draper
04-06-07, 12:10 PM
no-one was that bad behaved tho imo, although i did think coopers missus was gonna kill ste porter

novabex
04-06-07, 12:11 PM
Haha. She asked him if he liked his balls.... lol

I was a complete angel.

Mike
04-06-07, 12:13 PM
no-one was that bad behaved tho imo, although i did think coopers missus was gonna kill ste porter

tbh yes, it wasnt that bad at all, it was just larking about lol

But yes, Coopers missus was gunning for Ste hahahaha lol

barnyvaux
04-06-07, 12:21 PM
nice 1 so do we get a goody bag as were now a group lol....

Lee
04-06-07, 12:23 PM
As mentioned in the News bit, there will be a membership pack, however we're not 100% on the contents yet. You will be kept posted on this, just keep an eye open.

wisewood
04-06-07, 12:29 PM
source some nova shaped soap-on-a-rope to be included with the membership kit. :thumb:

Ian
04-06-07, 12:32 PM
It was good when the site was hosted on a server under my bed when I lived at my mum's lol, now that's mysterious! Who needs a heater in the winter lol
or when the server went down cos your mum unplugged it to hoover lol

Lee
04-06-07, 12:33 PM
Afpmsl!

wisewood
04-06-07, 12:38 PM
oh the number of times i would email/text kev and say "novaload is down, ring your mum" lol

kevw
04-06-07, 12:42 PM
lollollol

Adam
04-06-07, 12:43 PM
or when the server went down cos your mum unplugged it to hoover lol
LMAO lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 12:43 PM
and i also once got told that NL had used 20gig of bandwidth when we switched to the new servers, and i had used well over half of that on my own :thumb:

J4MES
04-06-07, 12:46 PM
this sounds good!!! was a little sceptical to start with, but now i fully understand the crack it sounds brilliant!!!

well done admin!!!

bump
04-06-07, 12:49 PM
Nice one for the hard work. The merger makes sense, and does make things look much more professional.

One bugbear, The Nova section lists the Spin as being a 92J plate Limited Edition, but I've got a 91H plate one. lol

Sorry to be a PITA ;)

Cheers for all the hard work guys.

wisewood
04-06-07, 12:50 PM
I dont understand what's to be sceptical about? Novaload becomes a club - but one with an established brand that had been closed down.

Mike
04-06-07, 01:09 PM
I dont understand what's to be sceptical about? Novaload becomes a club - but one with an established brand that had been closed down.

Some insurance companys ask me if i use NL, and it got me a 5% discount too :thumb:

Hopefully, now its a proper recognised club (like MiG for example) we may be able to blag more discounts lol lol lol

Lee
04-06-07, 01:12 PM
Theres a few things in the pipeline, you'll just have to wait and see!

Mike
04-06-07, 01:13 PM
Theres a few things in the pipeline, you'll just have to wait and see!

yeah i look forward to seeing the progression BT :D

draper
04-06-07, 01:15 PM
i like th eway it was all done while 'most' of us were out, admin hand is quicker than the users hand lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 01:24 PM
making it "a surprise" for when everyone comes back is good because 1. its a nice shock for everyone and 2. everyone being away at PV means the site can be down with minimal impact.

Its a bit like your employer upgrading something at a weekend while nobody is in the office :D

tom_beverley
04-06-07, 01:28 PM
Well done, its great to have a dedicated Nova club at last, the original PNG was a bit before my time :thumb:

Was a little surprised to say the least, thought I'd logged onto the wrong forum this morning!

kevw
04-06-07, 01:28 PM
It was actually done last night and when we wanted to put the site into "maintenance mode" there were over 100 visitors, about 45 were members.

Site was down until about 1:30am, got to bed about 2am, needless tosay I was very tired getting up for work this morning.

Lee skived off work, can't hack it lol

nova ian
04-06-07, 01:29 PM
Got to say you guys have done good!

I like the whole idea.

Big WELL DONE guys

Ian

Lee
04-06-07, 01:31 PM
Lee skived off work, can't hack it lol

lol, technically i wasnt 'work' working today, i was supposed to be putting new doors on my lockup.

Woke up with a stinking headache, so couldnt be bothered lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 01:32 PM
Site was down until about 1:30am, got to bed about 2am, needless tosay I was very tired getting up for work this morning.

You really should have enlisted my help. You're still scared I'll spill stuff again aren't you :roll:

Lee
04-06-07, 01:34 PM
Well, dan ended up with PC issues, and we suspect it was the remains of a crusty pie clogging up the keyboard!

kevw
04-06-07, 01:36 PM
You're still scared I'll spill stuff again aren't you :roll:

Watching you (albeit unknowingly) pour a bottle of beer over one of my beloved turntables is a scary experience!. tbh I was more worried about the record that was on there lol

wisewood
04-06-07, 01:39 PM
Vinyl surely, by its very nature, is a wipe clean product? Hence vinyl floors etc lol

Was a good night that! up until the afore-mentioned unwitting beer pouring incident obviously. Seemed to happen dead quick for me, suppose it was all slow motion for you - wondering why i wasnt moving faster to stop it lol

Still - you lot broke a brand new sofa at my wedding reception :thumb:

Nick J
04-06-07, 01:42 PM
Well done to admin and all involved its great to see the site getting better and better and becoming a proper club too! excellent news! :thumb:

kevw
04-06-07, 01:43 PM
Yea the vinyl would be OK but the label would have gone all rippley and come off lol

I wasn't involved in the couch breaking! I think I was at the bar with Alex drinking copious amounts of Sambuca!

Lee
04-06-07, 01:46 PM
Well done to admin and all involved its great to see the site getting better and better and becoming a proper club too! excellent news! :thumb:

We're all very pleased with the reaction, at the end of the day were doing this for everyone, and it makes it feel very worthwhile when the idea gets greeted with open arms. :thumb:

wisewood
04-06-07, 01:50 PM
I wasn't involved in the couch breaking! I think I was at the bar with Alex drinking copious amounts of Sambuca!

lol I didn't think you lot drank all that much that night. Though i don't remember very much of it myself, i was properly wasted. Had people telling me i spoke to people I swear i never met and stuff.

Aamir
04-06-07, 01:51 PM
Well Done admin !

I've always felt novaload was a chavvy name & irrelavant these days as most novas are owned by enthusiasts not chavs.

Stereotypes are changing people ;)

wisewood
04-06-07, 01:53 PM
chavs weren't invented yet when kev created novaload lol

NovaLad
04-06-07, 02:39 PM
Aye but for the chavs that are out there does this mean can't be in the club lol

Mike
04-06-07, 02:40 PM
Novalad, whats with the signature? Why are all you young ones obessed with PNG and the storys/shows/meets etc that surround it?

Were you even about when PNG was going, let alone came to an end so to speak?

NovaLad
04-06-07, 02:47 PM
Because i wasn't around when it was going so everything about it is a mystery to me and i'm very interested in finding out about it lol

Jack
04-06-07, 02:49 PM
I did wonder why there are three links to the same site in your sig....

methinks we may have another pvgevents sriboi here lol

NovaLad
04-06-07, 02:50 PM
methinks we may have another pvgevents sriboi here lol

Please explain lol

Mike
04-06-07, 02:50 PM
Because i wasn't around when it was going so everything about it is a mystery to me and i'm very interested in finding out about it lol

get over it lol i wasnt around when elvis was alive, doesnt mean i give a monkeys about him

theres not much to know tbh lol

Mike
04-06-07, 02:51 PM
Please explain lol

doesnt matter lol lol lol :thumb:

NovaLad
04-06-07, 02:53 PM
oh kay

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 03:17 PM
Aye but for the chavs that are out there does this mean can't be in the club lol

That has GOT to include you then!!!

NovaLad
04-06-07, 03:41 PM
What makes you think i'm a chav ...

Please give a good reason to why i'm a chav ?

Maby your a chav... I don't know...

And what is a chav? Someone that wears tracksuite bottoms?

Or is it someone that wheres there hat vertical to the back of there head whilst wearing burberry.

Does this mean just because of something that someone wears that they are a chav?

My dad wears jeans all the time and on holiday he mite wear tracksuite bottoms does this make him ma chav.

Don't lable someone as a chav when you don't know what a chav is.

draper
04-06-07, 03:43 PM
CHAV is attitude, you posts/threads about 1.2s being bester than polos etc :thumb:

Mike
04-06-07, 03:43 PM
OMG :roll:

NovaLad
04-06-07, 03:51 PM
CHAV is attitude, you posts/threads about 1.2s being bester than polos etc :thumb:
I was simply asking if a 1 litre would be quicker than my 1.2 nova as that is what my mate had said and i don't allways rely on what my mates say so i asked for a better opinion to if they was quicker...

I then got then answer his may be quicker because it's a newer engine so that gave me the answer that i would belive as it came from people on here that know alot about cars.

So because i asked a question about how quick a car is i'm now a chav?

Ok then so anybody that from now on asks how quick a car is they are a chav.

draper
04-06-07, 03:53 PM
chavs dont use punctuation either, evidence b m'lord

Lee
04-06-07, 03:54 PM
Calm down. If you remember correctly you were run off the site last time by a group of girls. All your doing is irritating people.

Learn to laugh at yourself, or your going to continue to have a tough time on here.

(damn my new responsibilities lol )

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 03:57 PM
What makes you think i'm a chav ...

Please give a good reason to why i'm a chav ?

Maby your a chav... I don't know...

And what is a chav? Someone that wears tracksuite bottoms?

Or is it someone that wheres there hat vertical to the back of there head whilst wearing burberry.

Does this mean just because of something that someone wears that they are a chav?

My dad wears jeans all the time and on holiday he mite wear tracksuite bottoms does this make him ma chav.

Don't lable someone as a chav when you don't know what a chav is.

You REALLY don't want to pick a fight with me!

As BT says, if you can laugh at yourself, you can laugh at anything, don't cry and pick up your dummy! :roll:

wisewood
04-06-07, 03:59 PM
blah blah blah. Lee... kill lol

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 04:01 PM
lol Lee the new monkey spanker then???

Lee
04-06-07, 04:01 PM
Shot myself in the foot here, cant take the p1ss half as much now LMAO

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:12 PM
my days of being newest admin b*tch are well and truely over :D

Ernie
04-06-07, 04:15 PM
Looking good admin Yay the png is back....

Martin
04-06-07, 06:15 PM
Does this mean that PVG/PVG/Novaload are all one club/forum or is pvg stil seperate?

great news tho.. got a text from an old skool pnger i know asking me if its true, hes not to botherd about the idea as he now has a club of his own..

at the end of the day, NL was just like a Kroooze forum litterd with rubbish from young/chavy type peeple askin the same things over and over again, and it got the to point were i stoped using the site as much as i was gettin into trouble for stuff i was saying when reading the many "how do i do this" threads in every other section every day..

hence the reason i joined jov and was on there stand at pv BUT i stil came other at spoke/met the "main" posters on nl etc and i'm stil part of the club, just not as into it as i want to be, and i cant realy see my self gettin 100% back into with all these 8yr olds on the site..give me **** all you want but thats just the way it is..

all these young/chavs need to gettin a funkin life..

oh and pv was a disspointment there was a hell of a lotmore chavs then last year.. and that **** in the corsa C with his boot open bhind my tent with ****ty tunes on at 3.30am, i have he liked the chicken steak i wiped all over his car while he was sleeping, just wish i had a spud i could a stuck it up his tailpipe lol

also(yes it continues) Novalad/vaughan/flashbang wallop etc theres alot of friendly banter/piss takes that goes on, on the site.. just learn to live with it..or u know there the Close button is...

and with BTs point of laughin at your self its right.. i'm fat at the end of the day, and i get told it by peeps that dont kno, me.. i just laff at them i say i kno.. and then they duno what to say..

no stop funkin moanin get over it.. etc

vaughanmc
04-06-07, 06:18 PM
I don't mind the piss takes lol they don't bother me one bit

Some fair points there Martin! :)

Lee
04-06-07, 06:47 PM
Does this mean that PNG/PVG/Novaload are all one club/forum or is pvg stil seperate?

We are totally seperate to PVG. Only the name was adopted.

Spudly
04-06-07, 06:48 PM
Well said martin lol im glad you didnt realise that there was actually a spud rather close to you and directly behind the gimp in the corsa (grrrrrrrrr) and decide to insert me into the exhaust lol, likin the idea of png now even though i wasnt into the vauxhall scene back in the pvg/png days i used to be gay and liked fords lol (i saw the light in the end tho)

Martin
04-06-07, 06:48 PM
Thought mate, just needed it clearing up..

great seeing you again mate...

Ste L
04-06-07, 06:50 PM
who said all that martin?

Martin
04-06-07, 06:56 PM
what allt he fat stuff ste?

loads of peeps that havent got a clue about me. duno who they are.. but they fink there good in groups id of taken them all on one at a time..****in chavs

i get it all the time in scunny to..

oh well "you can only kick a dog so many times..."

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 06:59 PM
Aww Martin! that's ****! but you know you're better than whoever said it babe, keep your chin up, and smile!

That's car clubs/circles for ya, they can get clicky!

But, as a whole, the merge has been great!

Ste L
04-06-07, 07:00 PM
what allt he fat stuff ste?

this..

Does this mean that PVG/PVG/Novaload are all one club/forum or is pvg stil seperate?

great news tho.. got a text from an old skool pnger i know asking me if its true, hes not to botherd about the idea as he now has a club of his own..

at the end of the day, NL was just like a Kroooze forum litterd with rubbish from young/chavy type peeple askin the same things over and over again, and it got the to point were i stoped using the site as much as i was gettin into trouble for stuff i was saying when reading the many "how do i do this" threads in every other section every day..

hence the reason i joined jov and was on there stand at pv BUT i stil came other at spoke/met the "main" posters on nl etc and i'm stil part of the club, just not as into it as i want to be, and i cant realy see my self gettin 100% back into with all these 8yr olds on the site..give me **** all you want but thats just the way it is..

all these young/chavs need to gettin a funkin life..

oh and pv was a disspointment there was a hell of a lotmore chavs then last year.. and that **** in the corsa C with his boot open bhind my tent with ****ty tunes on at 3.30am, i have he liked the chicken steak i wiped all over his car while he was sleeping, just wish i had a spud i could a stuck it up his tailpipe lol

also(yes it continues) Novalad/vaughan/flashbang wallop etc theres alot of friendly banter/piss takes that goes on, on the site.. just learn to live with it..or u know there the Close button is...

and with BTs point of laughin at your self its right.. i'm fat at the end of the day, and i get told it by peeps that dont kno, me.. i just laff at them i say i kno.. and then they duno what to say..

no stop funkin moanin get over it.. etc

who said all that, i just presumed it was from the person who txt'd you.. :confused:

or would you rather not say? :thumb:

Martin
04-06-07, 07:02 PM
ahh noo i said all that. It was my opinion..

Craig from jov just txt me asking if it was true.. hes nto fused.. but all the rest was my words

womble sri
04-06-07, 07:07 PM
wahoooo good work guys ill be regional coordinator for south east if your lacking volunteers

Ste L
04-06-07, 07:08 PM
ahhh right gotcha.. wasn't sure if it was or wasn't lol..

now im just confusing myself :roll: lol

draper
04-06-07, 07:08 PM
now im just confusing myself :roll: lol

lol

Ste L
04-06-07, 07:13 PM
pod burn really dos mess your head up.. lol

beef@novadose.net
04-06-07, 08:37 PM
Excellent news guys well done :) I did the original www.png.co.uk (http://www.png.co.uk) waaay back in 1998, and it's great to see some of it live on in 'The Nova' page :) Will have to see what else I've got stashed away on an old hard drive somewhere. Can't believe that was almost 10 years ago! I remember the domain name was well over ?100 :lol:

kevw
04-06-07, 09:04 PM
my days of being newest admin b*tch are well and truely over :D

2 sugars please, you know what biscuits I like lol

tony k
04-06-07, 09:26 PM
good to see two sites linkin up i remember them years ago aswell now its like one big happy family

Fester
04-06-07, 09:50 PM
I like this internet pages.

martweaver
04-06-07, 11:10 PM
I'm a little late with this bit nice one!!! Really pleased to hear the PNG will be revived. I joined in 1998 when I bought my car and the atmosphere & shows have never been the same since it staeted to fizzle out into the PCC & PVG.

Great stuff guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PS - I would hereby like to put 1st dibs on Proby's old special membership number which was (old school members test time!) 007!!

Let me know where to send the cheque :)

Mart

wisewood
05-06-07, 08:51 AM
2 sugars please, you know what biscuits I like lol

your drink and biscuits are still sat on my kitchen table for you mate. Just let yourself in - you've still got the key i gave you when you started sleeping with my wife, right?

kevw
05-06-07, 09:29 AM
lmao lol

Aamir
05-06-07, 09:55 AM

This is the problem with a once great migweb, hence increased popularity of vauxsport

wisewood
05-06-07, 10:00 AM
Note the inclusion of the "Articles" link up at the top - so that guides can be put together for the most commonly asked questions :D

We used to have this 'back in the day' but it was lost for one reason or another quite a while ago.

Ste L
05-06-07, 10:03 AM
Note the inclusion of the "Articles" link up at the top - so that guides can be put together for the most commonly asked questions :D

We used to have this 'back in the day' but it was lost for one reason or another quite a while ago.

yea i remember the articles..
like the rear abr debate..
heated seats
lowering
wheels

and so on...

wisewood
05-06-07, 10:06 AM
exactly. There are probably quite a few threads scattered about that could almost be copy/pasted to provide a how-to-guide on some key aspects.

Jack
05-06-07, 10:06 AM
I've got a thread I wrote a while back (but never posted) when I was bored at work with data about the nova models and etc, similar to the guide I had on here years ago but in more depth... worth having as an article?

wisewood
05-06-07, 10:07 AM
sounds good. PM it to me if you've got it handy.

Jack
05-06-07, 10:09 AM
I'll dig it out and tidy it up a bit - might be across a couple of PMs, its a tad long lol

wisewood
05-06-07, 10:10 AM
lol no problem. email instead if you want. I'll pm you my email address.

Ste L
05-06-07, 10:19 AM
few of the old one's if we've not got them anymore..

Modding a 1.4 head
http://web.archive.org/web/20041023174610/www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63456

fitting a 1.6 on t40's
http://web.archive.org/web/20050105024845/www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63460

how to make a wooden boot floor for ice
http://web.archive.org/web/20041224232822/www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=64008

Fitting a Rear Anti roll bar
http://web.archive.org/web/20041224232626/www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63459

Insurance Guide and Nova Insurance Groups
http://web.archive.org/web/20041023180451/www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63463

Ste L
05-06-07, 10:27 AM
more..

heated seats
http://web.archive.org/web/20010625010439/www.novaload.net/articles/viewarticle.asp?id=heatedseats

wheels and lowering
http://web.archive.org/web/20010625011902/www.novaload.net/articles/viewarticle.asp?id=wheels

changing your head gasket
http://web.archive.org/web/20020319012239/www.novaload.net/articles/article.asp?ID=58

DIY rear disks
http://web.archive.org/web/20020528085546/www.novaload.net/articles/article.asp?ID=50

Martin
05-06-07, 10:45 AM
stes a leg-end nice one bud

s14a
05-06-07, 07:42 PM
fair play lads, breast of duck with it

scott.parker
05-06-07, 08:33 PM
Woo..
So now i can show of my gold PNG window sticker again..:thumb:

Nice one kev/Dan/Ian/Lee good idea i like it,there already seams to be a bit more of a buzz about it all on here already.

Scott

Ste L
06-06-07, 01:43 AM
Woo..
So now i can show of my gold PNG window sticker again..:thumb:

Nice one kev/Dan/Ian/Lee good idea i like it,there already seams to be a bit more of a buzz about it all on here already.

Scott

need to sort the bloody nova out, before you show any stickers
lol

Matt2107
06-06-07, 10:54 AM
He's too busy playing with his Passat!

scott.parker
06-06-07, 06:46 PM
He's too busy playing with his Passat!

My Band is more like it...:thumb:

Mike.
06-06-07, 07:54 PM
bloody hell, i go away for afew days and its different again lol, well done lads :thumb: