PDA

View Full Version : ****** Please Read*******

Lee
04-06-07, 01:30 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/view.php?pg=news

:thumb:

Please note, this page is availiable from the top nav bar, and is subject to change as per updates.

kevw
04-06-07, 01:38 AM
That is the new "main page", the first page you will see when you visit the site. I know a lot of you go directly into the forums and will miss this.

We intend to use it to post important news etc so make sure you check it!

Kev.

NovaLad
04-06-07, 01:57 AM
Ok then ... but is this site still NL??

Stuart
04-06-07, 07:54 AM
read the link lol

dhdev (Oli)
04-06-07, 08:01 AM
PNG is back :D :D :D
I still have my gold sticker proudly in place on my windscreen :thumb:

wisewood
04-06-07, 08:08 AM
Ok then ... but is this site still NL??
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/images/top3.jpg

yes, it is still novaload - but now with added errrr... i want to say vavavooom... but

draper
04-06-07, 09:43 AM
a good move

Kickingriffin
04-06-07, 09:48 AM
If there will be a south midlands region could i be considered as a co-ordinator for this???? :roll:

wisewood
04-06-07, 09:50 AM
i think they will probably address the coordinators nearer to the time.

Kickingriffin
04-06-07, 09:53 AM
Ah, when exactly is the full 'transfer' gonna happen, thought i might show interest anyway though.

Ste L
04-06-07, 09:58 AM
great idea, love it big thumbs up from me :thumb:

but i dont own a nova now :(

Kinky Monza
04-06-07, 09:58 AM
Awesome stuff!

wisewood
04-06-07, 09:59 AM
Keep watching the News (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/view.php?pg=news) page for further information.

SRlew
04-06-07, 10:09 AM
lmao i just woke up, put this on and thought i was tripping out. bout to get angry at my computer then i seen the novaload logo lol

i like it :thumb:
good stuff guys!

oh great if your doing a big one next year at pv i think i might have to do a burgo style build for it.

Martin
04-06-07, 10:16 AM
Great news guys, vaughans gonna go crazy and have a ****ing sesh lmao..

Ben
04-06-07, 10:31 AM
Hmmmmmmmm :s

Dave.
04-06-07, 10:44 AM
brillaint move... png is back!

Mike
04-06-07, 11:41 AM
Top stuff! Well done admin, brilliant move :thumb:

coochiSR
04-06-07, 11:43 AM
Whoop! Looking good guys ;)

kevw
04-06-07, 11:50 AM
Hmmmmmmmm :s

Lol, expand on that Ben please? lol

kevster
04-06-07, 03:40 PM
still got my gold one to and mags lol nice one :)

Novadex
04-06-07, 03:52 PM
looking good, just need to get used to the change. Are you admin now then Lee?

Lee
04-06-07, 03:56 PM
I have been for ages. Proper stealth like lol

Ste L
04-06-07, 03:57 PM
very stealth lol

least we're in good hand's

wisewood
04-06-07, 04:05 PM
you always have been in good hands. Cheeky fecker lol

vaughanmc
04-06-07, 04:06 PM
Great news guys, vaughans gonna go crazy and have a ****ing sesh lmao..

You bet lol

Amazing idea -- This time it won't go out the game :)

Ste L
04-06-07, 04:12 PM
you always have been in good hands. Cheeky fecker lol

have we :roll: :p

only joking lol

Timmy
04-06-07, 04:12 PM
I have only been a member for 2 or so years but this is cool. the site look more Club like and there for less chav assoated. good to hear about all the other benifits bring on PNG for the 25years or Novaing
big thanx to all admin great site for my 2 year and so to the future

Ben
04-06-07, 05:08 PM
Lol, expand on that Ben please? lol

Looking at the other replies i see to be a very small minority lol.

(Or just the only one to be Dubious thats posted lol), But its your site Kev and completely your choice what you do with it. I have my personal opinion but imo thats not important, I dont want to be the face of negativity. But im of the opinion if its not broke dont fix it, even more so when your fixing something thats not broken by adding some thing that has been broken. I understand that the reason PNG screwed up last time was nothing to do with anyone off this site.

Novaload does work, the Stand at PV was good, (ok could have been better set out) It had the best quality of Nova's and a good mix of a few other Vauxhalls too.

Hopefully it all works out for you guys.

Really no Offence meant, i know things can be taken wrong when in the written word rather than having any emotion attached

srs1
04-06-07, 05:17 PM
I kinda agree with ben on this one.
I was a member of png for years and never really felt any benefits to the club. So i will be scepticle about that side of things.
I was also very strange when the layout to this site changed, but it has grown on me and so might this change.
I have always used novaload from the earliest point i can remember and the people on here are sound (except for idiots playing music at 4am)

Hope it works out for you kev, as it would be a shame if it didn't. as you have done well on here over the years

Ben
04-06-07, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah forgot to put i was a member of PNG i think, well i paid the money every year but thats all i can remember about it.

Lee
04-06-07, 05:23 PM
Ben, TBH when things like this get started, you will NEVER be able to please everyone. When we decided to do this, we knew some people would have opinions about it, be they good or bad.

As you mentioned, ive been pleasantly surprised at how well the change has been taken. Its obviously not going to suit everyone.

As for Novaload not being broken, I totally agree, thats exactly why I thought the best idea was to try to create a proper Nova club out of it rather than attempt to set one up in direct competion. The stand Yesterday was a good one, but set away from the other clubs purely because of it not being a fully fledged owners club. I can assure you, in years to come we will be right in the thick of things, rather than being dumped next to the car park lol

The amount of fond memorys people have of PNG are obvious from many posts on here. I like to think of it as a merge between something that used to be great, with something that IS great.

Sean, I agree that NL works, thats why essentially its staying the same. NL works as a community. That shouldnt be changed IMO, but at the same time, for reasons stated earlier, nova owners deserve a proper club to belong to rather than just a forum. I think the Nova is the only vaux that doesnt have a club. Even the Z20LET has its own club!! lol

And most of all, you never know if something is going to work until you try. :thumb:

Novadex
04-06-07, 05:36 PM
Some people dont like change and i have to admit that when i first come on to the site today my first thoughts were "wtf??". But after reading what the idea is behind it all i am 100% behind the idea and i hope it all goes to plan! We are a great community, and promoting ourselves a little bit more by calling ourselves a club rather then just a forum cant be a bad thing!

sport
04-06-07, 06:00 PM
Well i thought i had gone back in time.
Never found a reason to post on here before, although i always browse the forum but will be on it more from now on.

Lee
04-06-07, 06:03 PM
Well i thought i had gone back in time.
Never found a reason to post on here before, although i always browse the forum but will be on it more from now on.

Welcome! :thumb:

Thats exactly the sort of response we're after!

sport
04-06-07, 06:06 PM
Cheers Lee im also on pvg under a diffrent name

hagger
04-06-07, 06:08 PM
i always wished i was a lil older to be part of PNG but guess i can now lol!i think it is a good idea well done guys!

Sam.

Dan 130
04-06-07, 06:10 PM
i think its a good move looks good with the plans and with the same people we could all make this a exceptional club, be it with meets , stands , shows etc

BigStan
04-06-07, 06:12 PM
Well i think its all a very good idea and am excited about the new change as it makes us look alot more professional and hopefully be more recognised.

Im not going to bother yous lot with questions, just wait for it all to happen and read through everyone elses questions ! lol

Big thanks to everyone who made it happen :thumb::)

krobinson
04-06-07, 06:21 PM
Great move folks. I think over time the focus needs to be getting all the novas from the other clubs, back into the PNG like the old days. For the last 4 years Novas have been all over the place, a few in each club. Having them all located on the one stand would be superb and exactly how it should be.

Keith

BigStan
04-06-07, 06:53 PM
So does that mean that next year when we will be celebrating the Nova's 25th at PVS we will possibly be celebrating joining the VBOA then ?

Lee
04-06-07, 06:53 PM
That is, indeed, the plan!

BigStan
04-06-07, 06:55 PM
If all goes to plan should be a good year then !!!! :thumb::)

Ian
04-06-07, 07:02 PM
Great move folks. I think over time the focus needs to be getting all the novas from the other clubs, back into the PNG like the old days. For the last 4 years Novas have been all over the place, a few in each club. Having them all located on the one stand would be superb and exactly how it should be.

Keith
exactly what needs doing for next years anniversary. Although judging from some of the bitchy comments from JOV members not sure if they will join in.

BigStan
04-06-07, 07:03 PM
exactly what needs doing for next years anniversary. Although judging from some of the bitchy comments from JOV members not sure if they will join in.
Oh dear what they been saying then ? Not welcoming the change very well ?

Martin
04-06-07, 07:05 PM

that aimed at me?

by pv/vboa next year i wil have another vaux for a toe whore so i dotn see why the nova cant go on the NLPNG stand and the astra on jov there for pleasing both clubs..

is this better... MY NOVA WILL BE ON THE NLPNG STAND AT THE MAIN SHOW NEXT YEAR..lol

Stuart
04-06-07, 07:37 PM
tidied up... now now kids if you cant play nice you cant play at all :p

ste porter
04-06-07, 07:50 PM
I have always used novaload from the earliest point i can remember and the people on here are sound (except for idiots playing music at 4am)

was this aimed at anyone in particular?:roll:

Ben
04-06-07, 08:05 PM
Paranoid?

Ian
04-06-07, 08:09 PM
People making noise and playing music, and revving engines and airhorns (yes that is aimed at you ste porter) will not be welcome at any future events and banned from the forums. You will also find noone else will allow that bollocks, and if that was pulled at vboa you would actually be forcibly removed from the site. Its time to grow up.

Ste L
04-06-07, 08:28 PM
i agree, its not nice when your trying to sleep..

craig green
04-06-07, 08:31 PM
I was actually phoned up & told about the PNG switch this morning.

I cant say how pleased I am that there will once again be a decent structure behind Nova ownership. I hope it goes to plan for everyone involved behind the scenes & be sure to ask for my help where needed. I've been into the Nova scene since 96 & I hope as a result of the new NL/PNG alliance there will be plenty more years of show going & meets ahead of me.

craig green
04-06-07, 08:32 PM
i agree, its not nice when your trying to sleep..

It pretty much ruined mine & my GFs Sunday tbh (not having any sleep) :mad:

Ste L
04-06-07, 08:33 PM
i didn't camp, but i did last year, not its not good, ****'s up the rest of the day due to lack off sleep...

Ben
04-06-07, 08:37 PM
It pretty much ruined mine & my GFs Sunday tbh (not having any sleep) :mad:

Yeah i left @ 1pm due to feeling like ****e due to lack of sleep.

dave.gsi
04-06-07, 08:56 PM
question time:

why not make novaload into a fully fledged club called 'novaload'? why take the png name?

are the forums still going to be accesible for non members? just at the mo i dont actually have a nova so doubt ill bother paying a tenner to join a club about novas

John
04-06-07, 08:58 PM

Keith

Couldn't have put it better myself keith! After being a member of the png for many years i can honestly say that its demise left a big hole in the nova show scene, and like keith has pointed out, novas now appear on show stands willy nilly. i sincerely hope this will unite the modified nova scene once again!
I proudly parked mine on the n/l stand this year, although the stand was out of many of the showgoers eyes, and will now proudly park it on the new png stand. Roll on 2008! it's going to be a great year for the nova! :thumb:

Matt Pickering
04-06-07, 09:01 PM
I was actually phoned up & told about the PNG switch this morning.

I cant say how pleased I am that there will once again be a decent structure behind Nova ownership. I hope it goes to plan for everyone involved behind the scenes & be sure to ask for my help where needed. I've been into the Nova scene since 96 & I hope as a result of the new NL/PNG alliance there will be plenty more years of show going & meets ahead of me.

That's said it for me. Hope it works, and like said in an earlier post, there's only the nova without a dedicated club now! Can't see why it would'nt work, as NL the site had good responce with people attending events and meet's, adding the PNG name can only create a better more attractive image to other nova owners who haven't yet joined the forum/club for whatever there reason!

Matt...

Ian
04-06-07, 09:10 PM
question time:

why not make novaload into a fully fledged club called 'novaload'? why take the png name?

are the forums still going to be accesible for non members? just at the mo i dont actually have a nova so doubt ill bother paying a tenner to join a club about novas
For reasons people have said below your post.

Of course you will still be able to post, we will not be locking the forums to non members like vscc do.

Lee
04-06-07, 09:13 PM
question time:

Yep, the NL forums will all stay the same as you see now.

I dont own a Land Rover, therefore i probably wont pay to join a Land Rover club. Im not going to moan about it on a Land Rover forum though lol

dave.gsi
04-06-07, 09:29 PM
lol not moaning, just asking

and i may try and find a land rover forum,bet theres an interesting bunch of guys who hang out there!

kevw
04-06-07, 09:48 PM
Once again thanks for all the support guys, this is a club so feedback and input is what it's all about.

Kev

Driver
04-06-07, 09:53 PM
i havnt read tho whole thread so sorry if i missed anything.

im with you on this bring PNG back ill hapily pay membership etc get the nova boys a true owners club.

Stuart
05-06-07, 08:07 AM
lol not moaning, just asking

and i may try and find a land rover forum,bet theres an interesting bunch of guys who hang out there!

you'd be surpirsed how gay most landrover owners are lol far from interesting...

wisewood
05-06-07, 08:21 AM
I don't see any reason why the success or failure of relaunching the PNG should have any reflection on the success or failure of novaload online.

novaload online has always been an online community, with a few members keen to meet up around the country. By taking an established, all-be-it unused brand name like PNG and bolting it onto novaload, while at the same time keeping it as a seperate entity you can only serve to improve both things.

If PNG ran in competition to novaload, i could understand some concerns that it might cause us problems, but running alongside it means that no problems should arise.

Novaload is, and always has been, a good resource for people just getting into modifying their nova, right the way through to people who are doing something much more advanced. By adding an OPTIONAL upgrade to a formal club membership structure to that strong foundation it can only make the community stronger in the future as PNG will likely draw in more new & knowledgable members than the novaload brand was capable of alone.

Lee
05-06-07, 08:26 AM
Blimey! Someone got a good nights sleep! lol

wisewood
05-06-07, 08:29 AM
Been feeling rough the last few days, woke up this morning feeling tip top.

Now, where's that press release, let me at it lol

Lee
05-06-07, 08:32 AM
Been feeling rough the last few days, woke up this morning feeling tip top.

Now, where's that press release, let me at it lol

Does need filling out a bit! I feel like a dogs ass today, so im not going near it!

wisewood
05-06-07, 08:35 AM
lol here goes. 400 words coming right up :D

CP
05-06-07, 11:27 PM
Hats off to Ian Dan Kev and Lee who have taken on the responsibility of a club. I really hope that it goes well and it'll be cool to have something that peeps can be part of that goes further than just chatting in an on-line community.:thumb:

Not in anyway wanting to be negative but as a sceptical old fart I'm always uneasy when money is collected in the name of a "co-operative" organisation such as a "club". I have seen what can go wrong at first hand being as I have been in business for about 25 years. I've always considered that one of NL strengths is that it has managed to operate pretty bloody well in the forums and out at events without resorting to handling all that much cash. It very much complicates things and some think paying subs gives them some kind of god given right to say and do what they like against people running the club if things aren't to their liking.

Having said that, the reasons detailed earlier in this thread seem very sensible and will give Nova owners a much more comprehensive representation.

It all boils down to the continued support and enthusiasm of the members who need to remember all the unpaid effort that will go in on their behalf by the club officials and be fully supportive at all times.

wilson_sri
07-06-07, 09:32 PM
I cant beleive im seeing this! About time PNG came back! I was too young to experiance it when it was still around, but always remember seening the sticker when out in my cousins old GTE!
Will these stickers be available again?

Lee
07-06-07, 09:33 PM
Stickers will be included in membership pack if all goes to plan.

Riggy
09-06-07, 06:11 PM
well ive just logged on while on holiday burnt to **** lol

but i have to say that the idea is a good one really , i agree with ben on the png , about paying each year but no really benefitting from it , but i think it should work woth novaload really as the sire was a good group of people , its just turned into a proper club now

anyhow looks good and if you need anyhelp up north then just give us a shout

Riggy
09-06-07, 06:16 PM
lol and i still have my old stickers on a windscreen somewhere lol