PDA

View Full Version : exhausts?

greg1.4
03-06-07, 08:31 PM
i am thinking about getting a ASHLEY exhaust system.. (to get rid of my ****ty peco)

but i have heard SPORTEX and JANSPEED are very good..

can i have opinions please?

any chance anybody could show me videos of your novas with different exhaust systems? i just want to see what noise i like best.

i want it loud, raspy and possibly a nice wee barble/pop when i let off the throttle...

cheers, Greg

coochiSR
03-06-07, 08:33 PM
Ive heard bad things about sportex, poor fitment etc, but Magnex are good, think it'll be second hand though and mines not really that loud. Ashley are very loud though.

greg1.4
03-06-07, 08:37 PM
oh, i could do with hearing novas revving/driving? could anyone post links up to some videos? thanks..

think i will be going for ashley as that was my first idea..

Jenks
04-06-07, 03:06 AM
The Ashley would give you the loud, raspy noise and a nice pop when you let off the throttle. My mate changed from a sportex to an Ashley on his 1.4 sr and there was a big difference in noise!! Go for the Ashley if you want the big noise!! You could hear it for miles!!

Nick
04-06-07, 03:22 AM
The Ashley would give you the loud, raspy noise and a nice pop when you let off the throttle. My mate changed from a sportex to an Ashley on his 1.4 sr and there was a big difference in noise!! Go for the Ashley if you want the big noise!! You could hear it for miles!!

No it wouldn't, that's a complete assumption.

My ashley doesn't rasp, and it certainly shouldn't be popping when the throttle is let-off - That's usually due to air getting into the system. Only reason mine ever pops is on hard engine braking but i'm on 40's.

It's allways a gamble. My car makes about 96db, but the engine is far from standard. The Magnex's tend to make a more of a deep rumble which goes quieter at higher revs, and the Sportex's are quiet from what i've heard.

Anyway, don't get the one that sounds best. get the one that works best !

Iain
04-06-07, 09:23 AM
get the one that works best !

And how do you go about determining which works the best?

wisewood
04-06-07, 09:40 AM
Magnex.

Jenks
04-06-07, 05:59 PM
No it wouldn't, that's a complete assumption.

My ashley doesn't rasp, and it certainly shouldn't be popping when the throttle is let-off - That's usually due to air getting into the system. Only reason mine ever pops is on hard engine braking but i'm on 40's.

It's allways a gamble. My car makes about 96db, but the engine is far from standard. The Magnex's tend to make a more of a deep rumble which goes quieter at higher revs, and the Sportex's are quiet from what i've heard.

Anyway, don't get the one that sounds best. get the one that works best !

well the 1.4 sr had a 1.3sr carb and no fuel return pipe so that why it poped

coochiSR
04-06-07, 06:02 PM
I swear mine has fuel return :confused: weber 32/34's haven't

Jenks
04-06-07, 06:06 PM
Thers no return on a 1.3sr carb either

coochiSR
04-06-07, 06:34 PM
which is the same as 1 .4 i think, a pieburg 2e3, which i swear have returns!

Jenks
04-06-07, 07:01 PM
well the one on my mates sr didnt and im sure of that

Adam
04-06-07, 07:55 PM
They do have a return. 1Lts dont.

I have a vid of my ashley somewhere.

Ste L
04-06-07, 07:59 PM
Magnex.

i would say the same, but they are not loud, which is what you want..

also, would have to buy a second hand one, as you cannot buy them new anymore