PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - >>>>>

Anonymous
26-02-02, 03:55 PM
I have a problem with my car. It?s a mk2 sr with a 2.0l 8v cavalier engine. There?s this dodgy noise coming from the front passengers side of the car. I know how difficult it can be to diagnose a problem from a noise, and how easily one type of noise can be another type of problem.

Anyway, the noise is a tap / rattling noise. It sounds like something banging on the inside of the wing. It doesn?t do it at any particular time. Sometimes when Im driving down a straight flat road at a constant speed, sometimes when im cornering, or braking, or between gears. It sort of does a bit of a rattle and then a tap/bang.

I have jacked it up and had look several times. The first thing I noticed was that the gearbox housing is catching on the anti roll bar, I have cut a bit of it off but it is still sitting on the anti roll bar.

It sounds like it could be the suspension, so I took the suspension off and swapped the front offside with nearside and it still does it on the same side. I have inspected the suspension and it seems fine.
I have also checked that there is nothing loose in the engine bay or in the inner wing that might be tapping around.

I know it?s difficult to tell without hearing it yourself but its doing my nut in now.

any ideas ?

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
26-02-02, 04:18 PM
Still got it as well then?
Did u check

1. Tappets

2. Bushes

???????????

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
26-02-02, 11:21 PM
try your suspension it sounds like it could be your upper mounting support bearing has worn ( big words too)

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D