PDA

View Full Version : strage lighting problem

pul16v
02-06-07, 10:55 PM
hey guys havein trouble with my lights i have no sidelights indicators and pretty sure no reverse light but do have high and low at the front ,checked the swich on the peddle and thats geting no feed what so ever this is after fitting a e16se and a corsa pedle box i think it has something to do with a black wire with a white trace as this is on all of the bulbs that arnt working anyone know anything about this colourd wire ??

any help appreciated

p.s. does anyone have a wireing diagram that i could print off by any chance my cars a j reg1.2i

cheers phil

Lee
02-06-07, 11:02 PM
Sidelights and indicators are on different fuses, so it wont be them.

Switch on what pedal? Brake pedal? Thats not related to your problem? Reverse switch is on the gearbox, below the clutch arm.

No sidelights or indicators is odd, are you sure no feeds have been disconnected from the fusebox? Have you been trying to fit a stereo / immobiliser?

Black wire with a white trace is one side of the indicators iirc. Not related to sides or reverse though.

pul16v
02-06-07, 11:16 PM
Bottlethroddy]

Switch on what pedal? Brake pedal? Thats not related to your problem? Reverse switch is on the gearbox, below the clutch arm.
yes brake pedal its where i started thinking it was just a nakerd switch then as i explored more i found other things didnt work eatier also the wipers dnt work aswell checked the connector on the stalks and there on fine

No sidelights or indicators is odd, are you sure no feeds have been disconnected from the fusebox? Have you been trying to fit a stereo / immobiliser?
nope has had one fitted all the time ive had it and ive not touched it and no there hasnt been any feeds removed from the fuse box

phil

Lee
02-06-07, 11:18 PM
No wipers either?

If you want my honest opinion, bin the car loom and fit a new one. Sounds totally funked! lol You can pick one up so cheap now, its just not owrth spending hours fault finding.

Either that or take it to an auto sparky, who will probably tell you to do the same thing.

EDIT Is it on an XE, and did you fit it yourself? If it is and you didnt, suspect uber dodgy wiring behind teh dash.

pul16v
02-06-07, 11:23 PM
no its not on an xe i said before its a e16se in to a 1.2i thing is it worked before so its something ive done or missed lol not a nakerd loom gunna have to go over everything ive done and check it all out still think its got something to do with this black/white tho as its in the same circuit on every thing that doesnt work

looks like a trip to halfords for a new manual feck knows where mi other one has gone ???

cheers phil

Lee
02-06-07, 11:29 PM
Change your name to Pul8v then lol

pul16v
02-06-07, 11:32 PM
lol would if i could lol

bump
03-06-07, 05:21 PM
Check all earths, often causes bizarre problems.