PDA

View Full Version : loss of power

bonkars
02-06-07, 01:08 PM
hi there everyone i was just wondering if anyone can help me here is the problem.
i had 1.4sr engine in my nova with a 1.6 head on it and i have changed the engine to a 1.6se engine but have took the injection off it and have put the carb back on. i got it all running but the only way it would do that was by turning the dizzy right round so i thought the timing was out.not only that when i took it for a test drive it was really lacking power could this be the carb as it is only the ****ty pierburg carb. if any one could help would be appreciated :confused:

maccas
02-06-07, 07:46 PM
did you jet the carb up accordingly for the 1600 engine? if you didn't then your problems probably lie there, hope this helps

maccas

stv-b16a
02-06-07, 08:02 PM
why did you fit a pierburg to a 1600.

its all wrong!

Lee
02-06-07, 08:07 PM
PMSL, agreed

At least fit some DCOE's, or fit the injection system back on it.

Its like putting 13 inch steelies on a Monaro!

Gunzi
04-06-07, 02:38 PM
I'd put money on the pierburg giving you less power than the injection system, regardless of how well its set up.

bonkars
16-06-07, 01:56 PM
thanks for all your help cheers.:p i had a mate come have a look at it and he said the same i have got a 32/34 weber but no k&n or no electric fuel pump has anyone got these it driving me insane not havin me nova on the road :cry: cheers.