PDA

View Full Version : boot solenoid (again!)

Anonymous
23-02-02, 12:02 PM
Do i need the solenoid to work both ways?(i mean to unlock the boot, and when i close it to lock it) also what type of switch do i need? I know i need a spring return rocker switch, but do i need a d.p.d.t switch? Thanx 4 ne help

Anonymous
23-02-02, 02:27 PM
na m8, u only need a slave one (2wires) go 2 ur local scrappies and steal one froma F*** eg XR2I, thats where i got mine from

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Anonymous
23-02-02, 04:50 PM
I smoothing my boot soon too, the way i plan do it is to mount a solenoid inside the bootlid that will open the boot at the push of a button, so the boot wont actually 'lock' but when closed (latched) so the only way in will be by pressing the button inside. (the solenoid will have a relay & a normally closed switch,) so pressing the button will close the circuit, pull the solenoid, & un latch the boot which will pop up slightly on the rubber bump stoppers and when i let go of the switch the solenoid will go back to its closed position, ready for when i shut the boot again!

Anonymous
24-02-02, 09:37 AM
yep thats right just go maplins 7.99 for a new solenoid!

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Anonymous
24-02-02, 06:28 PM
yea thats how i did mine and its works and pops up fine,you need a push to make switch,3amp+ rating(roughly)and its single pole single throw(S.P.S.T).earth one wire in the boot then run the other to the switch,out the other side to a live,i did mine to an ignition live.
good luck

Anonymous
25-02-02, 10:08 PM
Thanx alot guys uv bn really helpful! Thanx again!