PDA

View Full Version : Powerflow

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 10:58 AM
Anyone ever had a Powerflow exhaust made?

Just booked my Monza in to have one on wednesday! :cool:

bosscav
02-06-07, 11:14 AM
I have a powerflow rear box, and a standard box mid section(should have 3 really). Not a bad box, well made , quieter than i expected, she pur's at normal road speeds and at tick over, and gets a little louder when pushed. i'm thinking of changing though, mainly for looks not sound

dan16v
02-06-07, 11:16 AM
mainly known as powerblow good luck....! would not touch them with a barge pole!

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 11:22 AM
Why not???

dan16v
02-06-07, 11:26 AM
each dealers quality is very in consistent! my mates was not done with a mandrell bender either! very poor! as were the welds, nothing but problems! do a search on here for powerflow! and make your own mind up!

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 11:52 AM
Anyone else have an opinion about powerflow?

kronk10
02-06-07, 02:35 PM
I had a back box fitted on two cars had no problems whatsoever but its different at each place so ????? i have heard there awfull :wtf:

Nick
02-06-07, 02:49 PM
Yer, complete and utter ****e

Stoo
02-06-07, 03:05 PM
6 of one half a dozen of the other

All depends on the fitter! The exausts themselves, the materials are good quality!

Its just down to the dullard making it / fitting it!

bosscav
02-06-07, 03:27 PM
6 of one half a dozen of the other

All depends on the fitter! The exausts themselves, the materials are good quality!

Its just down to the dullard making it / fitting it!totally agree on that, theres only one fitter of my exhausts, me, i done finish the job until i'm 110% happy withit, if i'm not then it doesn't go on or i start again, most of the time fitter are only that fitters, with no real training, if anyone is going to get a custom aftermarket anything alway ask how long they have been into what they do, if it's 5 mins walk away as they are practicing on your car, unless they can prove they can do what they claim, any good technition will only be to happy to show off their handy work, i do:thumb:

Welsh Dan
02-06-07, 04:21 PM
A close friend of mine had his exhaust made by powerflow locally, and it was very well made, but our local powerflow place is Demon Tweeks :D.

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 05:53 PM
The local powerflow centre is in Nottingham, i've seen some of the work, but not for a classic car!

But i'm guessing that they can't be bad if they're prepared to let me stand there and watch/pick fault whilst they're making it and fitting!!!

Lee
02-06-07, 06:00 PM
I had a powerflow on the blue one. Very well made, all bends properlty manderel'd,a nd the welds were top quality.

However Ive also seen pipes rip away from boxes on powerflow systems. best way to tell is to try to find satisfied customers from your branch. If there are none, steer clear lol

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 06:29 PM
Thanks lads!

Iain
02-06-07, 06:58 PM
Tell us how it goes, always useful to know the quality of local places.

Kinky Monza
02-06-07, 07:47 PM
I will, got her booked in wednesday at 11:30, so should be home by 5pm, unless i go shopping too lol

If they're good, then i'll take the Nova!