PDA

View Full Version : Cheers Geth

Lee
31-05-07, 08:05 PM
Good old Geth (Bassboy) popped down to mine today to give me a hand changing the shagged out pierburg carb on the SR for his Weber 32/34 he sold me. I now know a bit more about the strange world of small capacity engines and carbs lol

He came a long way too.

Thanks pal, you a top geezer :thumb:

SRlew
31-05-07, 09:12 PM
good man! espiecaly seein that he went a long way.

was it hard trying to swap a carb on an 8valve then? lol

Lee
31-05-07, 09:21 PM
lol, noo, its not the actual swapping I was worried about tbh, its the setting up etc.. I've always had injection engines in all my previous cars (bar a few beaten up sheds I had no interest in servicing/looking after lol) so having Geth there who is wise in the world of useless crappy carbs was useful lol

I did use the expression 'poxy small block piece of crap' every time i grazed my knuckles, but I did warn him I would be doing this regularly lol.

Geth
31-05-07, 09:48 PM
It was an experiance to say the least. BT learnt a thing or two about small block engines, things like; the bowl thing bolted to the cam carrier is infact a fuel pump and not a fuel filter, and single carb inlet manifolds are *******s to get off when the engine is in the car.

I learnt that BT's spit is nearly as good as WD40 or duck oil, paper weights should be used when placing a pile of paper on the pavement, and most importantly, never let Christian fit brake calipers to your car.

It was a good day and especially nice to be working in the sun. Apparantly it's been raining nearly all day in South Wales.

Lets hope you and Hayley have as many hours of trouble free motoring with that carb as I did.

Mike
31-05-07, 09:55 PM
Hahaha sounds like you had a top day out then!

Lee
31-05-07, 09:56 PM
PMSL, seriously, i never knew that thing was the fuel pump. Thats how interested in Carbs I am lol

Yes, Chunny needs to learn how to do up bolts, the one he put on is flapping around in the breeze! Bless him!

As for trouble free motoring, im not worried about the carb, im thinking of going down the bookies and seeing what the odds are of her stuffing it into something lol

Ash
31-05-07, 11:54 PM
so when you putting a small block in the track car.....?

draper
01-06-07, 01:31 AM
so when you putting a small block in the track car.....?

llandlow ;)

Ernie
01-06-07, 06:58 AM
I think Mr Lee must of had a Gay moment and loosened it off. It's all lies i tell ya lies.
You would think with the amount of times we went back round them we would of noticed it.
It mite of been 1 of the time's you nicked all the tools of me do your side lol
As mine have never come or been left loose
See ya later mate and glad it's sorted now.