PDA

View Full Version : help on new nova

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:12 PM
Im looking for some help on my first nova. I have a few questions to ask and in need of a nova, and some answers.

Ok i am i 18yr old male, i have had large cars before, ie caviler 1.8, Orion 16v 1.6i and a 405 1.6. Anyway im now wanting Nova, as the others were wayyyy to expensive to keep on the road ect.

I was wondering which ios the best nova to have? Hatchback only. I was wanting some info and wondering what you can tell me about them and there "bad spots"? ie rust, bad design faults ect, bearing in mind i will want to modifiy this car slightly. And which novas have a fivth gear?

So what do you think? What do you see the best car, or shall i go for another type of nova? I have about ?1200 to spend, but not really wanting to send all this on the car as this includes insurance (me as a second driver, with a no-clames bonus, about ?500) so about ?600 or less on the car alown.

Any ? left over will go on mods! :-)

Please mail me your surgestions and opinions ect?

Many many thanks Dougie

Dougie_viper@hotmail.com

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:54 PM
Bad spots from experience on an 89 GTE:

Wing mounting panel prone to rust
Doors prone to rusting
Rear arches bad for rusting/bubbling

apart from that, they're a bloody good little motor, I want another :) but aint got the cash at the moment :(

Anonymous
20-02-02, 12:03 AM
I've complied a small buying guide on www.novabug.com

Go to the main page and look where it says Buying Guide (in the first grey-purple box).
There's a separate page for both Mechanical and Body probs to watch for.

Also, have a look at the model guides which has loads of brochure scans of the different models so you can see what to expect with the different models in terms of spec.

Hope that helps ;)

Anonymous
20-02-02, 12:38 PM
rich you are a genious.
there i was thinking you did all that just to please yourself, and all the time it was so you could help others... wow.
i am impressed.

now go on, own up, how much you charging him for the information? :D

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Anonymous
23-02-02, 05:54 PM
1.4sri is your best bet they are quite nippy and a damn site cheaper on insurance than the likes of a GTE. (1.4sri group 5) (GTE group 11)....

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
24-02-02, 12:31 AM
Ta people thanks a lot im away to check this site now, many thanks dougie :-D