PDA

View Full Version : TPFT or Fully Comp?

Adam
31-05-07, 12:51 PM
Just got my renewal through, and its ?150 cheaper if i have it TPFT and not Fully comp.

Is it worthwhile having fully comp or not?

If someone ran in the back of me, would i get a payout on tpft? Or does it depend how the other person is insured?

I guess if i hit someone, i would get nothing if insured tpft?

draper
31-05-07, 01:46 PM
yeah, if someone hit you ie there fault you get payed out, if you hit someone ie your fault your insurance covers there costs/highways bills etc

fully comp only works if you stick it down a ditch, drive like a cock and crash or if someone vandalises it

ANDYRACER
31-05-07, 02:03 PM
Not worth it on a nova in my personal opinion.

Iain
31-05-07, 02:46 PM
Most damage could probably be fixed for less than ?150 on a Nova anyway, new bumpers etc are all cheap compared to modern cars. I agree with Andy it's not worth it.

Jack
31-05-07, 03:29 PM
Aye, FC is a waste of time on a Nova unless you have an agreed valuation policy (and I mean a proper one, not just "oh I told them its worth ?1500" :tard: ), as most insurance companies will only value the car at arond ?500. Consider your excess and you may not see much of that.

One thing you might want to consider though is most companies won't let you protect your NCB on a TPFT policy. That could be an issue if you have a lot of NCB and you hit someone, or someone hits you and it gets settled on a 50/50 (although if you're old enough to have a lot of NCB - why are you using it on a Nova and not something better lol)

Adam
31-05-07, 05:02 PM
I'll just go TPFT then and save the ?150 :)
Will have 3 years ncb, so its not protectable yet.

coombsey
31-05-07, 05:26 PM
if your nova is your pride and joy then whats ?150

Adam
31-05-07, 05:45 PM
?150 towards engine goodies lol

Lee
31-05-07, 06:02 PM
I only go fully comp if it has the feature of being able to drive other cars which aren't yours TPFT.

Useful when your mate is an M3 dealer, trust me lol

Adam
31-05-07, 06:19 PM
I cant drive other cars till im 21 :(

chimp007_uk
31-05-07, 06:33 PM
i'd go fc, just on previous experience when i got hit and i wa sthe one who had to ring the other insurance company and sort it out and get them to repair my car...
and again, if you have a crash... is your car worth more than ?150? you'll lose your ncb either way.

Jack
31-05-07, 06:58 PM
^ FC doesn't make them work any harder on your behalf lol Theoretically, if you got hit it should be the other party's insurance company that does the legwork, although it helps to chase them up.

Ok, think of it this way.

If you stack a Nova, the insurance company will give it a value of ?500 tops (I'm thinking 1.6's here - your average 1.2 will be about half that). Less your excess, which if you're under 21 will probably be at least ?250. Then the price of buying the car back, say ?50. Consider that you've already paid out ?150 extra to get FC, you're not looking all that better off.

As said, without an agreed valuation, FC on a Nova is pointless!

chimp007_uk
31-05-07, 07:06 PM
i got ?800 for my gte and ?32 to buy it back, excess was ?200... i get you point, but when i lost my years ncb i still came out with cash in my pocket towards another car and i still kept the car which has never be declared written off lol. anyone want a major project?!?

my insurance paid out for the damages and recovery costs which were ?400 so all in all i still feel it pays to be fully comp. and if you have an agreed valuation like i have opn my manta gte, its pays again to be fully comp, and they do it for nova's as they are a classic car.

bump
01-06-07, 04:11 PM
Last year it was ?100 cheaper for me to have an FC policy over TPFT. No idea why though.

Adam
02-06-07, 12:41 AM
My last(this years) policy was cheaper for Fully comp, which is why i had it.
But this years renewal, they've seen the light and bumped FC up lol

SRlew
02-06-07, 11:57 AM
?150 difference! i got a quote on a mk1 fiesta xr2 and there was ?900 difference between FC and TPFT!!

rjmartin
02-06-07, 07:49 PM
fully comp only works if you stick it down a ditch, drive like a cock and crash or if someone vandalises it
ill have that one then hehe