PDA

View Full Version : Shall I take my car up the strip at PV?

hendrix
31-05-07, 12:20 PM
Well should I take my car up the strip on Saturday at PV.
Its an astra coupe turbo, no 2nd gear, blowing manifold (quietens down when warm) and intermittend electical fault (keeps putting car in limp mode).
what say you?

Kinky Monza
31-05-07, 12:20 PM
Yes lol

draper
31-05-07, 01:48 PM
yep, if it breaks tell everyone it must be the realibilty problems 600bhp always throughs up

hendrix
31-05-07, 02:19 PM
^ lol

Cheers by the way wisewood :roll:

wisewood
31-05-07, 02:32 PM
:wisewood:

Jack
31-05-07, 02:54 PM
Yes, but in reverse.

Jim
31-05-07, 02:56 PM
No cause if it explodes or breaks down on the strip and they have to piss about cleaning up the internals of your car people won't be happy with you.

I was there one year when a pug gate crashed then broke down on the strip, not only did he get laughed at, but the animosity towards him wasn't very pleasant.

Don't bother, there is no point in doing so, you won't get a great time, so save yourself the money and get the repairs done and go down on a RWYB day.

Paul
31-05-07, 06:30 PM
agree /\ its annoying when people break the cars on the strip, fair enough accident happens, but it sounds like a recipe for disaster so to speak lol

Spudly
31-05-07, 08:15 PM
You git i couldnt vote burgo, now im not happy lol.

Dont be damned silly you fool take the cally, no offence mate but id be worried about it not getting there at all nevermind not getting down the strip, im not bein nasty but its like i said on weekend, bodge it sell it and bung the money in your nova, even chelle kinda agreed with me lol!!

Martin
31-05-07, 08:19 PM
That gay homos right mate.. that coupe was the worst thing you got, even the fiat was better,, how many probs had robd e-regger nova had? just a new coil?

draper
31-05-07, 08:42 PM
No cause if it explodes or breaks down on the strip and they have to piss about cleaning up the internals of your car people won't be happy with you.

I was there one year when a pug gate crashed then broke down on the strip, not only did he get laughed at, but the animosity towards him wasn't very pleasant.

Don't bother, there is no point in doing so, you won't get a great time, so save yourself the money and get the repairs done and go down on a RWYB day.

that was last year wasnt it, then the turbod belmont blew up later in the day

Spudly
01-06-07, 03:19 AM
That gay homos right mate.. that coupe was the worst thing you got, even the fiat was better,, how many probs had robd e-regger nova had? just a new coil?

Gay homo, you cheeky fecker, i really hope youre not referring to me there martine?????:cry: :cry: :cry:

hendrix
01-06-07, 09:57 AM
Solved another problem which I found yesterday which hopefully sorts the intermittent electrical fault. When I had the car on tech2 it mentioned some air problems. when I took part of the air pipe off (the bit that goes to the turbo) I found that some absolute N00B had taped the breather pipe back up with electricians tape rather than pay a few quid to get a new pipe. Consequently the car has been pulling air in through this pipe and by-passing the AFM and air filter etc. As soon as I fixed the pipe the ecu light went off. :roll:
Won't be taking the cally as it needs setting up first and I don't trust it yet!

Will F
01-06-07, 10:43 AM
You have no second gear.

Whats the point? Your times will be crapper than they would if it was OK!;)

hendrix
01-06-07, 10:47 AM
precisely Will, just wanted to see what the general though was on the matter. I was thinking of doing it in a moment of madness.
I can say I will NOT be taking it up the strip but would like to see if I can get it on that mobile RR to see just what the output is

Jack
01-06-07, 11:00 AM
Pish, real pro's have no 2nd, 4th or reverse

...not that it matters a great deal, I can pull away in 3rd. Seen as I need a new gearbox I may as well trash the clutch too lol lol