PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40 inlet manifold on GTE

Anonymous
20-02-02, 10:12 PM
After all this time I've finally been able to get hold of some twin 40's for my GTE ;) .
Only problem is that the inlet manifold is off of a Nova Sport. Looked at the ports and they are basically the same apart from the manifold ones aren't quite round but they look as though they fit over the circular ports on the engine. Do you reckon it will work o.k, or do I need a different manifold?

Cheers lads

Anonymous
20-02-02, 11:28 PM
If the inlet ports on the head ARE different to those of the inlet manifold.....sell your one and get 1 for the Gte

Anonymous
20-02-02, 11:55 PM
Austin Nova is right mate, they wont perform properly with the sport manifold.
However, if you decide to sell it drop me a line coz i need a 40's manifold for a 1300 head ;)

Ben

:D Twin 40's on the way :D

Anonymous
21-02-02, 01:03 AM
i think a new inlet is around ?140?

Anonymous
21-02-02, 01:09 PM
The sport one is the same top half, but the bottom is squared off (cathedral) I had my manifold filled in at the bottom with aluminium weld, then taken out and matched to the head, and at the same time ported the head a little further. That cost me nothing coz I had the right contact, it worked very well. It would probably be cheaper for you to buy a new one if you don't know a friendly welder.

Anonymous
22-02-02, 06:42 PM
Alright cheers lads. Anyone know where the best place to get them from would be, somewhere like PMC or Demon Tweeks maybe?

Ben I'll e-mail you about the manifold mate

Anonymous
22-02-02, 07:18 PM
Ok mate, nice one!

On-line Auto Sport sell them for the GTE ?129 including everything you need to fit them.

There site is: www.tuning.co.uk

Ben.

Anonymous
22-02-02, 11:52 PM
Ben,

Couldn't see em listed on the site mate! where are you lookin?

Anonymous
23-02-02, 01:11 AM
sorry mate, just looked in the magazine..

Ben