PDA

View Full Version : Opinon on twin 40's for Gsi

Anonymous
21-02-02, 09:45 AM
I currently own a 93 Gsi and seeing as my student loan is coming soon, I'm wanting to release a few extra bhp from the engine :). I really want twin 40's but was wondering how hard they are to fit? With losing the injection system will it be less reliable? Whats peoples opinions on these, and what sort of price am I looking at? Any advice appreciated

Cheers
Daz

Anonymous
21-02-02, 02:03 PM
i think food is a better option for you ;)

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
22-02-02, 10:46 PM
I have a 1.6 Gsi engine on Twin 40's. It is a bit more lumpy, especially when starting first thing, but once you hear them snorting away, you'll forget about the lumpy starts. From what I've been told there fairly easy to fit, try and get some help if your not sure. Easy to maintain. Price, depends if you go second hand or new. Couldn't tell you to be honest as mine were already on the engine :D

Good luck, you won't be dissapointed.

Jim

Anonymous
23-02-02, 01:07 AM
They're not hard to fit but you will need an appropriate inlet manifold and a special alternator bracket etc. See the articles section. They can be a bit of a pain to set up but fortunately they are infinitley tuneable. If you ever do it, e-mail me and i'll give you some guide sizes for the jets/chokesyou should be running