PDA

View Full Version : Combustion chamber volumes for the different small blocks?

Sirnixalot
30-05-07, 05:16 PM
I'm after the combustion chamber volumes for the different small block heads.

In specific the 1.3sr, Stuart has told me the GTE/GSi volume is approx 38cc.

Been searching through posts to see whos done what regarding mixing and matching heads and blocks, and i mostly find posts regarding the 1.2 head on the 1.4 block.

I saw something saying that the 1.6's water ways were different from the rest but im not sure how true that is, the gaskets differ a little between the 1.6 and 1.3 in that respect.

Also does anyone know if the piston dish volumes on the 13s and 16se pistons?

thanks

garyc
30-05-07, 09:07 PM
What engine \ spec are you looking to build? If you've got the kit I've got some that you can measure.

Sirnixalot
30-05-07, 10:50 PM
i want to do a 1.3 sr head on a gsi/gte 1.6 bottom end

all you need is a syringe if you have one?

put a set amount of water in it like 100cc, squirt water in the chamber till its level with the face of the head and take not of how much water was used.

on a side note you wouldnt happen to have a 1600 bottom end you want to get rid of lol

Adam
31-05-07, 12:17 AM
i want to do a 1.3 sr head on a gsi/gte 1.6 bottom end

That will cost you power, and bump compression way up.

Sirnixalot
31-05-07, 01:51 AM
i know it will raise the compression ratio but thats what im trying to figure out....how much by?

as for costing me power.....not as much as a 1.3sr bottom end would compared to the 1.6. Trying to stick with the carbed setup for a little longer (insurance reasons)

just trying to see if this is freasable, because as long as the compression ratio stays below 11:1 im happy with that

garyc
31-05-07, 07:24 AM
I dont have any 1600 bits, but I'll take a 1300 bottom end or other parts for that matter off your hands if you like!

Sorry I dont have anything to measure it, if you have anything you can pop down and do it youself.

Stuart
31-05-07, 08:53 AM
ebay is good for 100CC syringes :)

you also really need a piece of clear plastic with two holes to prevent a surface tenstion bulge on the chamber measurement.

Sirnixalot
31-05-07, 10:50 AM
gary my bottom end has developed a slight knock after over heating...if you want it after i swap it youre welcome to it.

i dont have the time at the moment to do any measuring :( packing up house as uni's over and going back home for the summer

i figured one of the rally boys would know this:(

Stuart
31-05-07, 02:04 PM
lol you mistake rally drivers for engineers..... they build cars, they dont care how they work.

remember days of thunder, a driver who thinks he knows about cars is a dangerous thing lol

Welsh Dan
31-05-07, 02:12 PM
Cole Trickle is a legend though :D.

garyc
31-05-07, 05:51 PM
I think a lot of folks just get their engines "done" as it can be more cost effective so it goes away as a rusty oily blob and comes back as a nice shiney engine ready to drop in. tbh I wouldnt worry too much about CR unless you are skimming the head. My 1300 runs nearly 2mm off the head and a decked block.

Let me know then the 1300 bottom end is ready and I'll pick her up. You going home from uni before it will be ready?

Sirnixalot
31-05-07, 11:11 PM
yeah im going away before it will be ready...you can have it in september though? lol