PDA

View Full Version : Cras not coming to PVS

kronk10
29-05-07, 07:54 PM
Hi guys i put up a thread about i might not be going to the show this sunday, iam deffo going now but not in my own car:cry: . My dad is taking me and me bro cus the car will not be ready before then, never mind i will still come to the novaload stand and have a gander. the one thing i was looking forward to though was taking my car up the strip but i cant :mad: anyway i will be very interested to see everyones cars and especially all the tuned 1400's etc

Mike
29-05-07, 07:55 PM
I dont think all that many "tuned" 1.4s will go up the strip to be honest, for fear of "big block" times lol lol

Adam
29-05-07, 07:56 PM
BAd news :(

Iirc.
There aint many tuned 1400's on the Nl stand.

Edit-Mine wont be going up the strip, too much interior and the clutch is on its last legs lollol

Mike
29-05-07, 08:04 PM
BAd news :(

Iirc.
There aint many tuned 1400's on the Nl stand.

Edit-Mine wont be going up the strip, too much interior and the clutch is on its last legs lollol

2 months ago i could have had a tuned 1.4 on the stand lol now its a 1.6 hahaha

Adam
29-05-07, 08:09 PM
Mine will be on tho, dont know if i'll have bonnet up, bays a bit ****ty and needs respraying :( Lol

Mike
29-05-07, 08:10 PM
Mine will be on tho, dont know if i'll have bonnet up, bays a bit ****ty and needs respraying :( Lol

I probably will, again yeah my bays a bit sh1tty but i dont care :D its not as if it was a multi million pound build or engine anyway lol

Philsutton
29-05-07, 08:12 PM
I have 1.4 on the tailgate of the corsa, i'll try an put some good times down for all you 1.4 people lol

Mike
29-05-07, 08:14 PM
I have 1.4 on the tailgate of the corsa, i'll try an put some good times down for all you 1.4 people lol

I have Merit on mine :p shame i dont have the 400+bhp to back it up though lol lol lol

BigStan
29-05-07, 08:15 PM

Im sure they will be unlike any other 1.4 lollol

My car wont be going either, still broken !

Mike.
29-05-07, 08:16 PM
lol, my tuned 1400 won't be there due to unexpected money problems do'hh

Adam
29-05-07, 08:17 PM
Looks like im pretty much on my own then as far as modded baby engines are concerned :D lol

Apart from maybe small block xe;s

Mike
29-05-07, 08:19 PM
Looks like im pretty much on my own then as far as modded baby engines are concerned :D lol

Apart from maybe small block xe;s

im 200cc above? Or could be 200cc below if i arrive in the corsa lol

craig green
29-05-07, 08:57 PM
Not the end of the world chaps! Next year is the biggy. 25yrs of the Nova, dont miss that one.

cockney16v
29-05-07, 09:32 PM
don't no if i will be bringing mine down as it going through regisrtation change over at the mo let hope new doccy's and tax is here for sat

womble sri
29-05-07, 09:35 PM
i wish i had ran my ols sr up the strip
mite run my sri but its not highly tuned, weather permitting

Paul
29-05-07, 10:33 PM
lol unlucky ad, as per BT's(I think) SMALL BLOCK=SMALL COCK

Adam
29-05-07, 10:38 PM
lol unlucky ad, as per BT's(I think) SMALL BLOCK=SMALL COCK
lol :(

kronk10
30-05-07, 12:18 AM
Damn you people i was starting to think there was a quite a few small block warriors knocking aroundlol never mind iam mainly coming on sunday to see some drag strip action (or drag action:thumb:) anyway i was hoping to have a few races against some other 1400's but seeing as theres not many there iam glad i didnt get my hopes up:) my car is still sitting there dirty and unloved and probally wont get fixed for anouther two weeks. In the meantime iam driving around in the worlds worst fiesta 1.1 and my god i have never been so bored in my life slow takes on a new meaning in this car:eek:

kronk10
30-05-07, 12:19 AM
lol :(
how many small blocks has he seen then;)

Mike
30-05-07, 06:24 PM
its looking more and more remote now that i wont be there in a Nova. Fcuking gutted, been building it for the last 3 months aswell

Paul
30-05-07, 06:39 PM
why what do you need to finish it last of nova sr's? sorry top hijack post

Adam
30-05-07, 06:41 PM
He needs an external mpi fuel pump iirc

Paul
30-05-07, 06:46 PM
use one of a cally theyre common as muck. run 21psi not 20psi, so there no difference...

Mike
30-05-07, 10:18 PM
He needs an external mpi fuel pump iirc

And a fecking radiator top hose from a GTE :cry:

Its all well and good me getting a fuel pump, but i still need to find out why they keep burning out WITHOUT popping the fuse!

Paul
30-05-07, 10:45 PM
halfords emergency hose for rad top hose will be ok. and just earth to chassis and hardwire to battery if need be?

Mike
30-05-07, 10:52 PM
halfords emergency hose for rad top hose will be ok. and just earth to chassis and hardwire to battery if need be?

already wired like that, and NO, that wouldnt/doesnt work, as the fuel pump would burn out due to continues useage at a higher then normal RPM (RPM of pump, not engine)

Paul
30-05-07, 10:54 PM
my fuel pump has been wire of battery with a switch in for last 10k.

Mike
30-05-07, 11:02 PM
my fuel pump has been wire of battery with a switch in for last 10k.

with no relay? i take it the switch is to turn it off when you turn ignition off yes?

I still need to find a pump, let alone some money to buy one :S

Paul
30-05-07, 11:57 PM
yeh manual switch works fine for me. that shouldnt burn out the pump.

come on gents theres quite a few novas dropping out!

Adam
31-05-07, 12:14 AM
My current pump is wired through a switch.

Have you wired your own fuel pump wire? What thickness/gauge wire have you used? Perhaps its struggling to supply the pump.

Paul
31-05-07, 02:20 AM
mines is a thickish wire 30amp i think and 30a fuse. check the earthing point is good, that would be causing it possible **** the pump before the fuse....

Mike
31-05-07, 05:46 PM
My current pump is wired through a switch.

Have you wired your own fuel pump wire? What thickness/gauge wire have you used? Perhaps its struggling to supply the pump.

Yes i have wired it in off the engine loom, so now i think ill tackle the approach of a direct from power source circuit, with an in line switch, and see how it goes. Altho none of this will be done until early saturday morning :thumb: before PV lol

Paul
31-05-07, 06:24 PM
so its coming PV then, if this works?

Mike
31-05-07, 07:04 PM
well, just got back from Halfruads (the fcuking gheys) as they just robbed me of 13 of my finest English notes for 500mm of fecking hose! 38mm ID one end, 32 ID the other end!

13 fapping quid! Bunch of rimmers...

Yeah, just need a fuel pump now, and pray that it works, got paid a day early too, BONUS lol else i would have been brasic until tomorrow! Fuel pump time, tomorrow after work, if it works, thanks feckery! lol

kronk10
31-05-07, 09:24 PM
Right iam gonna re-hijack my post backlol the car is running fully balanced carbs and half fully valeted. I spent 2 hours cleaning it mostly detailing the engine etc, then got bored and looked around the car picking faults cant just fix a few so will wait for respray. But the wheels look awfull i hate them and my painting skills are on par with a 2 year olds colouring in skills so whent to halfords and i have odered with tyres team dynamics 1.2's in white and there coming in a couple of months yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:thumb: well chuffed. Then its a full respray in same colour and gonna keep it standard bodywise apart from a front splitter and prob some manta mirrors or stubbys. So cars going to PVS this sunday just worried abit about it standing next to everyone else's amazing cars and myn looking tatty. But never mind mainly gonna go up the strip and get my times down:thumb:

Mike
31-05-07, 09:56 PM
But the wheels look awfull i hate them and my painting skills are on par with a 2 year olds colouring in skills

LMFAO! Mine are, and im a decorator :D :D :D

Yeah sorry for well and truly hi-jacking your thread lol

coochiSR
31-05-07, 10:03 PM
Ill be there in my slightly modded 1.4, would be more but money's disappeared, but im with Ad, my bonnet WILL be shut! :p