PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Dilemma!

JSeymour
29-05-07, 07:16 PM
ok, about a month ago i 1500grit wet and dry'd my white wheels down to make them look a bit better(take out some sratches, make them whiter and take the inbedded brake dust off) they looked realy good afte rdoing this and i was pleased with them.

now after driving about and getting them dirty and brake dusty theyve ****ed up to put it bluntly.

the dirt and brake dust has almost stained the wheels and there not as white as they where origanaly.

what should i do? dont want to put my cav slabs on for pvs as when my wheels are white they look good.
do you think wet and dry them again and as there white then just giv e them a spay over in a bright white? (this time laquering(sp) them)

thaanks john

Lee
29-05-07, 07:29 PM
Yep, you need to laquer wheels really as brake dust will just eat into paint from a ratle can.

Hope you've got enough layers left to rub down pal lol

Adam
29-05-07, 07:37 PM
Yeah, just sand them back, then respray them.
I'll try and not brake hard to keep mine white lol

Lee
29-05-07, 07:42 PM
Run EBC pads as well. Theyre sh1te, but they dont dust off, they break apart in big chunks that dont stick to the wheels LMAO

bieransri
29-05-07, 08:42 PM
my wheels are fooked already, theyre of for powder coating soon and will be using some sort of wheel wax on them, seen quite a few different brand so gonna try it out

Stuart
29-05-07, 08:42 PM
ebc's are far from dust free... thats a load of shizzzzllle.
mintex 1144's dust but dont seem to burn in which is good.

im going to be using the poorboys wheel sealant from detailed obsession for my new wheels when they turn up. its only about ?12 a tub and the tub will do shed loads of rims.

Lee
29-05-07, 08:50 PM
ebc's are far from dust free... thats a load of shizzzzllle.

My tongue was firmly in cheek when I wrote that lol

Stuart
29-05-07, 08:59 PM
get your tounge out of my cheeks