PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it???

Anonymous
20-02-02, 09:31 AM
I am thinkin on doin a brake conversion on ma SRi to 16v calipers etc, is it worth fitting performance pads and dics's 4 every day use or is the standard Vauxhall stuff up 2 the job???

Many thanx

Ballsy

Ps anybody know how much it will cost 2 get a cv joint fixed/replaced???

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

[-ballsy.jpg-]

Anonymous
20-02-02, 11:19 AM
I have Astra GTE 16v callipers on my Sri, very good! saved my life a few times.

Many mechanics and "car tuning geezers" reckon that performance pads are no better then normal halfords things for daily road use and can be dangerous for commuters who drive hard (i.e. me!!). basically because the performance pads dont work effectivly untill they are hot and a quick twenty minute drive to work in the cold morning with minimal brake may not heat them up enough to be efficient and could cause you not to stop when you need to!!!. makes sense if you think about it i guess. I just use ?13 a set pads from local car shop, they work fine. do leave a lot of dust but since Ive got grey wheels they dont show up much. ;)

same for discs really, groooved are usefull but holey discs may keep them too cool to function correctly.

I havnt tried performance brakes yet so cant give my own opinion but come summer when Its dry im gonna stick a set on and see what the crack is.

hth

Anonymous
20-02-02, 04:11 PM
yep, agree with above but i reckon its worth getting performance discs/ pads as it doesn't need alot for the brakes to warm up. you also get the advantage of less brake fade at high speed and they look good!

True, True...

Anonymous
20-02-02, 07:54 PM
get the EBC green stuff one there not that much more and there V-little break dust from them dont need much heating as only about 30% upratted!;)
But their turbo grove disc's! Well a bloke I know has a crak in ones of his after six months use(but on Astra 2.0 GTE 16v).Mine have been fine last year a half!just lost all the gold now!:O