PDA

View Full Version : CD player - arial cable melting

Anonymous
20-02-02, 02:22 PM
the connection into my CD player from arial has melted and there is no power running through it when the cable is pulled out??? Yet works when in anyone know why?

Anonymous
20-02-02, 03:01 PM
the cable doesn't have power... it just passes the signal to the head unit doesn't it???

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Anonymous
20-02-02, 06:58 PM
bad earth, if i'm reading it right

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
20-02-02, 07:15 PM
I tried my old factory tape player and that works fine. Power running through it with the arial cable in and out. Im guessing it's a fault within the headunit. This happened when my ignition switch blew. It was interfering with my immobiliser. I called out the engineers that fitted the immobiliser and he said it was the stereo at fault. After he went away recommending i got the headunit checked out I plugged it back in, and it was working fine. Then today the headunit went off while driving along the road, then I could smell burning. Taking it out again it has melted more of the arial cable. I have got 2 arial connectors (bee sting on roof and metal one which has fallen through the wing, never bothered removing). the bee sting is the melted one. When you plug the other arial into the CD headunit there is still no power??????? confused :-/